Gillette Swede Substitute

Well according to my better half, by blades have arrived today, will see whats on the back when i get home

i have two different types of swedes at home now, and i cant notice a difference between them

The Annecy ones are the oldest I think (the Levallois-Perret Cedex ones immediately predated the Weybridge ones)

Gotta be about 4 years since the vendors ran outta these blades. Back then a 5 pack cost $4, which was way more expensive than other blades. Thing was, there wasn't all that great of a selection, so the Swedes were a noticeable difference in performance from the others. Once Gio starting trying and reviewing other unknown blades....well, that's how the Iridium was found. He also suggested the various colored Gillette blades, including the SharpEdge.

I wanna say Gio (owner of a now defunct shaving site) usta offer those Iridiums at crazy low large quantity prices back then. Nice guy who knew lots about various shaving related products.

Martin

hunnymonster said:
The Annecy ones are the oldest I think (the Levallois-Perret Cedex ones immediately predated the Weybridge ones)

Aye. I remember reading an archived article about the Gillette Annecy plant - it was closed down about 1990 or thereabouts. A lot of protests about it. So maybe they predate the Berlin and Lodz production?

sunburyboy93 said:
Well i opened one of the Parcels, and these are the blades :
(any info ?...good....bad.....think i may have some like these already)

Good Steve. Very good.

I read something about the Monopolies and Mergers looking into Gillette trying to buy Wilkinson Sword through a third party - Swedish Match

http://www.competition-commission.org.uk/rep_pub/reports/1991/302razors.htm

Of course the manufacturing facilities both companies quoted closed down a year later!