Gillette Swede Substitute

i ordered 600 ! :icon_rolleyes::s :blush::blush: funded by me selling all my supermax blades

i only saw them because a kind fellow member had ordered some and gave me a heads up

NotTheStig said:
Wow that's a brilliant find! How do you manage it? I looked yesterday and found nothing as good as this! 20 for £2 delivered! Unfortunately none left; if he had more I don't know how many I would have bought! At least 200 without a second thought.

sunburyboy93 said:
i ordered 600 ! :icon_rolleyes::s :blush::blush: funded by me selling all my supermax blades

i only saw them because a kind fellow member had ordered some and gave me a heads up

NotTheStig said:
Wow that's a brilliant find! How do you manage it? I looked yesterday and found nothing as good as this! 20 for £2 delivered! Unfortunately none left; if he had more I don't know how many I would have bought! At least 200 without a second thought.

A couple of years ago that was overpriced, but nowadays I think you got a bargain. :D

If only Rareup could find another stash... cheers Steve

Pete

sunburyboy93 said:

NotTheStig said:

You do know that they won't fit an SE razor, don't you? :icon_razz:

Ian

IanM said:

Ian

:s:s :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Well i do use my ikon and Jaggers etc now and again, these have been bought partly to use and partly to maybe swing a deal in my favour when it comes to trades or a swap etc...............call them an investment, i already have 1200 at home so these can be added to the pot for when i need them :angel:

sunburyboy93 said:
, these have been bought partly to maybe swing a deal in my favour when it comes to trades or a swap etc...............call them an investment, i already have 1200 at home so these can be added to the pot for when i need them :angel:

Yep..........now you got even more leverage. Always nice to deal from strength and Swedes are a nice hook to include in a trade. Smart man.

Martin

Crap, in the future I may have to ask you for a few to revisit em after all these years. Sheeesh.

dodgy said:
sunburyboy93 said:
, these have been bought partly to maybe swing a deal in my favour when it comes to trades or a swap etc...............call them an investment, i already have 1200 at home so these can be added to the pot for when i need them :angel:

Yep..........now you got even more leverage. Always nice to deal from strength and Swedes are a nice hook to include in a trade. Smart man.

Martin

Crap, in the future I may have to ask you for a few to revisit em after all these years. Sheeesh.

no probs at all mate, after the times you have helped me out, just shout me !

steve

Yellow Jim said:
I'm holding two hundred Jewels in reserve for just the same reason. :cool:

f****r !!!!

:blush::blush: :icon_lol:

sunburyboy93 said:
IanM said:

Ian

Well i do use my ikon and Jaggers etc now and again, these have been bought partly to use and partly to maybe swing a deal in my favour when it comes to trades or a swap etc...............call them an investment, i already have 1200 at home so these can be added to the pot for when i need them :angel:

Like when you sell someone an Ipod Touch...........still waiting for the blade sweetener..........:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

missingskin said:
sunburyboy93 said:
IanM said:

Ian

Like when you sell someone an Ipod Touch...........still waiting for the blade sweetener..........:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Oooops did I promise you some ?

Sorry mate……leave it with me

Hiya,

Now this is gonna be vague, so excuse the lack of hard info. Been too long since I read about this stuff to remember correctly for sure.

If I'm not mistaken, there's various Swede versions. The ones I'm most familiar with have those Swedish sounding cities plus Surrey Weybridge or something like that on the back.

I'm fairly sure there's other versions with different labeling, and I have no idea if they all shave the same or not. I suppose I could do a search, except I don't wanna bother. Any of you Swede users wanna mention what's on the package back?

Anyway, it's something to think about,

Martin

Oh Steve? I'm happy to dig that particular rabbit hole a little deeper for you.

dodgy said:
Hiya,

Now this is gonna be vague, so excuse the lack of hard info. Been too long since I read about this stuff to remember correctly for sure.

If I'm not mistaken, there's various Swede versions. The ones I'm most familiar with have those Swedish sounding cities plus Surrey Weybridge or something like that on the back.

I'm fairly sure there's other versions with different labeling, and I have no idea if they all shave the same or not. I suppose I could do a search, except I don't wanna bother. Any of you Swede users wanna mention what's on the package back?

Anyway, it's something to think about,

Martin

Oh Steve? I'm happy to dig that particular rabbit hole a little deeper for you.

I've got three differently labelled backing cards in my collection of Swedes.

The first one says "Distributed by Gillette, EMB 92693, Levallois-Perret Cedex, Espoo-Esbo, Kobenhavn, London TW7 SNP, Oslo, Stockholm"
I think these are the oldest and where the name "Swedes" came from. Pack of five.

The second says "Proctor & Gamble UK, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 OXP, UK."
These were sold up until the time they disappeared. Same blade as the first but the labelling reflects post P&G takeover. Pack of five.

The third were a batch that surfaced on ebay a couple of years ago, part of a much bigger batch of Gillette Bleue Extras. "Distributed by Gillette, EMB Annecy 74000, Espoo-Esbo, Kobenhavn, Oslo, Stockholm" I think these are NOS blades that were made for the French market. Pack of ten.

I can't detect any difference between the types. Great blades, all of them.

Back
Top Bottom