Gillette Super thin e-mail

MandoBear said:
I had one of those emails too (having bought SuperThins from him in the past). My feeling is that it's probably legit, and making allowances for the fact that the guy's English isn't 100%. What bothered me more was that he'd revealed the emails of all his customers to each other, which is a bit of a breach of confidentiality. And yes, I also spotted a few TSR members in there.

Yes I could see quite a few other e-mail addresses and presumably they can see mine.
I'm not desperate for more blades but if I was I'd probably take a risk. I've bought from him before. It's paypal and it's not a huge amount of money..

Is paypal protection separate from ebay dispute?
I ordered some Rapira off ebay from a certain seller and they turned up after about 5 weeks so ordered another lot. That never appeated. Contacted seller after 5 weeks who said must be held up somewhere. Requested tracking number (previous package from him I had to sign for) and he said he only had proof of postage. Not great so asked for that which never appeared and by now outside the raising a claim period. Ebay said speak to credit card company.

NotTheStig said:
Is paypal protection separate from ebay dispute?
I ordered some Rapira off ebay from a certain seller and they turned up after about 5 weeks so ordered another lot. That never appeated. Contacted seller after 5 weeks who said must be held up somewhere. Requested tracking number (previous package from him I had to sign for) and he said he only had proof of postage. Not great so asked for that which never appeared and by now outside the raising a claim period. Ebay said speak to credit card company.

The short answer is no in your case, but paypal protection should extend to products outside of ebay using paypal, but think the 45 days rule still applies. If you used a credit card if you contact them they will reverse the charge, but its hard to tell what paypal will do when you do this

Thanks pedro.
They turned up today! Had left bad feedback the other day for the seller. He emailed me to express his displeasure (not in a threatening way, just to make me feel bad about when they do turn up). His ebay account is on hold "for personal reasons" he told me, so I never expected to get them - sounded even more dodgy.
Glad they finally arrived (ordered them 16th March, dispatched within a few days apparently).

There's probably a lesson in there somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom