Gillette Super thin e-mail

I have , errrr, a few Gillette Super thins at home. I just received an e-mail today from one of the online vendors who normally sells via ebay encouraging me to buy outside of ebay. Did anyone else get the e-mail? I'm not desperate for more blades and am not particularly keen to buy from the far east outside of ebay's safety net but wondered what members thought. Here is the e-mail text:

Dear All Friend,
From now on, I cant sell on ebay.com with this product. because I have big mistake on the first time with user phuchuynh10.(I update information many time, it's not safe on ebay). This time my acocunt hanhshop is suppened.

Now I still have Gillette in stock. this price is include shipping (Free shippping)
1 -9 pack = 15.5 USD/120 Gillette super thin(1pack)
10-20 pack : = 14.5 USD/120 Gillette super thin
more 21 pack : 13.5 USD/120 Gillette Super thin

please pay to my paypal's account <!-- e --><a href="mailto:huynhnguyenbaophuc@yahoo.com">huynhnguyenbaophuc@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> (paypal have protect for buyer - So you dont worries about any porblem)

About the porduct, All Friend bought from me. so you can know clearly about this product.

BRAND GILLETTE SUPER THIN Double Edge Platinum Razor Blades
PLATINUM STAINLESS- WILL LAST LONGER AND SHARPER
120 Blades with Carton(20 packs of 6 blades)
Attention Barbers fold in half and you get 240 blades.
BLADES INDIVIDUALLY PACK WITH 2 Protections / PAPER & Wax Paper

Any suggesttion is welcome
Have a nice days
phuchuynh

PS: I promise with you 4 things
1. send it out within 12 bussiness hours
2. Take photograp of box and reciept to show the proof of shipping
3. Exacly items and 100% is brand new
4. 100% AUTH

Ref :
1. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/120-Gillette-Super-Thin-Double-Edge-Razor-Blades-USA-/270594278911?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f00ad05ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/120-Gillette-Super- ... 3f00ad05ff</a><!-- m -->
2. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/100-x-Gillette-Super-Thin-Razor-Blades-/260602003458?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cad170002" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/100-x-Gillette-Supe ... 3cad170002</a><!-- m -->

Paul

I received this also. I noticed a few members E-mail addresses on the send list.

It may be on the level but it does appear somewhat suspicious.

Cheers

fonejacker.jpg

Similar antics from Shop34 located in Turkey on the bay. He also sends you a link to his best shave website to buy privately once you have bought from him i've never had trouble as yet.As your aware paypal protection and all that and your only on about Tenner any way.Myself personally would risk it once and see.

press said:
Similar antics from Shop34 located in Turkey on the bay. He also sends you a link to his best shave website to buy privately once you have bought from him i've never had trouble as yet.As your aware paypal protection and all that and your only on about Tenner any way.Myself personally would risk it once and see.

I've certainly bought off both of these sellers without any problems in the past. :|

Noticed this myself, I bought shaving stuff from Strawberrynet and got a link to their site direct to my email with the receipt they sent. I now get the odd newsletters with discount codes etc. they aren't pestering me nor are they sending shedloads of junk; maybe a mail once every other month so not too perturbed about it.

ebay are driving sellers away or forcing them to increase their prices but unfortunately there is no real "credible" competitor.

I had one of those emails too (having bought SuperThins from him in the past). My feeling is that it's probably legit, and making allowances for the fact that the guy's English isn't 100%. What bothered me more was that he'd revealed the emails of all his customers to each other, which is a bit of a breach of confidentiality. And yes, I also spotted a few TSR members in there.

Back
Top Bottom