Gillette Super Silver

rangers62 said:
Chaps

I tried these thinking "Dearer than Bleue's, must be better". Wrong! Were nowhere near the quality. Not being anywhere near an expert, could it be that some people get older stock, meaning better blades. I think this is the case with the Bleue's.

Isn't it strange that razor blades are getting worse as time goes past?

Regards

it is very bad, considering the technology available, yet what is produced can be poor quality, it's all about money though, i think companies don't give a shit anymore as long as they are making money.....

look at tesco, making billions, but quality of some of the stuff they sell is rubbish, i went in there yesterday to get some fruit and veg, so much stuff was going rotten and packed and displayed badly.....and the stuff that isn't doesn't taste of anything anyway !!

really bad.............oh god, i sound like my mother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :oops:

sunburyboy93 said:
it is very bad, considering the technology available, yet what is produced can be poor quality, it's all about money though, i think companies don't give a shit anymore as long as they are making money.....

look at tesco, making billions, but quality of some of the stuff they sell is rubbish, i went in there yesterday to get some fruit and veg, so much stuff was going rotten and packed and displayed badly.....and the stuff that isn't doesn't taste of anything anyway !!

really bad.............oh god, i sound like my mother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :oops:

Not only that, but in the case of supermarkets - the sheeple that pour through their doors are unwilling to go to another shop to get the quality items (or even the items they went for) all too often doing it all in one hit and if Tescos don't sell it, they go without.

I find it totally odd that in France (and Belgium) you get things like misshapen tomatoes, look a bit grotty, but taste of something. Here it's a box of 24 perfect spheres that taste of bugger all.

sunburyboy93 said:
andyjreid said:
I'll pif a pack if you like. Its not in the cardboard but in the plastic slider packs.

These were the one's i was gonna order from Rareup:

!Bc!TL)QB2k~$(KGrHqUH-CUEqvgeUTkVBKylRHQPF!~~_12.JPG

wouldn't mind trying them out, i'm sure i can PIF you something in return :D

Steve

I have some of these. Not too bad, but I prefer her Bleues.

Well I have had 3 shaves with these using Nannys Eucalyptus which I think is great and different razors. A futur on 2.5 and a fatboy on 5. And I feel they are not that good. The blade was cutting but it felt like there was some tugging.

I did three passes. WTG XTG. ATG as I normally do with my extra bleues swedes. Jewells and supermax. And I never have any probs but with these I did touch ups here and there but still felt patchy. And there was irritation

Will try a couple more and up the settings but I fear there will be blood loss.

These are the same as the ones in the plastic pack that rareup sells

Father Ted said:
wl9jj5.jpg

NOS on eVilbay.
I wonder if these were UK produced?
I have passed this pack on now (to Mr Sainsbury of this parish) and wonder if he will have more satisfaction than I did.
3 blades, 3 shaves each.
Yes the plastic / metal dispenser was very nice (and sells for a few quid on ebay by itself), but the blades were uninspiring.
Comparing them directly to the Bleue blades I just didnt find these as sharp, from shave 1 they irritated and dragged, there wasnt the smoothness that I get with the Bleus or Thins.
No, Made in the UK, but sadly not my bag at all.
Still, they only cost 99p!

Ebay - there be some bargains out there still.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-super-silver-stainless-gillette-Safety-Razor-Blades-/260632541837?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3caee8fa8d#ht_2284wt_754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-super-silver-st ... 2284wt_754</a><!-- m -->
£4.75 though.

I have just tried a Gillette super silver blade from a pack I thought I'd binned but my misses had recovered them thinking I'd made a mistake she was right. The dispenser is silver and white the blades are unwraped and theres a slot on the back for old blades. I had seen an old gillette ad on utube with this pack advertised. Anyway these are the best blades I have used so far I only have 3 left.

Back
Top Bottom