Gillette Flair tip

Had one of these sent to me a while ago and never got around to using it until last week. Mainly because it's pretty banged up and not in the prettiest of condition!

But what a great shave it gives. Very easy to use and forgiving and it gives a nice close shave.

I'd like to get another one, this time in better condition. But are they all the same? I'd hate to go to the expense and time to find one only to find its not as good!

sjedwardz said:
Had one of these sent to me a while ago and never got around to using it until last week. Mainly because it's pretty banged up and not in the prettiest of condition!

But what a great shave it gives. Very easy to use and forgiving and it gives a nice close shave.

I'd like to get another one, this time in better condition. But are they all the same? I'd hate to go to the expense and time to find one only to find its not as good!

You could always get the one you have now replated. Should cost about 15 quid and you'll know it shaves exactly the same.

I got a flair tip from Fido a month or so ago, Im hooked on them. So much so I've got 2 more on the way to me (one british and the other is USA)

Yellow Jim said:
sjedwardz said:

You could always get the one you have now replated. Should cost about 15 quid and you'll know it shaves exactly the same.

I was thinking about that but the handle is also really knackered as well. So it may be more cost effective to get a better condition one. But it is a useful fallback.

I'll let you know as soon as they are in my hands. I know the Brit and the USA ones will shave different but will let you know how both USA ones fair.

I got my SS FT from Robert Otto..great guy!...since using it with various blades I have figured out I have more than 1 fav. blade..and have let my Treet thick handle SE to rest for awhile... :mrgreen:

B

Actually it may be a flair tip rocket - I'm confused!!

Here is an image
SAM_0566-1.jpg

Also it says Pat 694093 on the inside.

I'm definitely no expert but I think that is a flare tip rocket

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9206</a><!-- m -->

Back
Top Bottom