Gillette cartridge prices

I must admit that I got 30+ shaves per cartridge easily from both Gillette and KoS stuff, and nothing wrong with the results either. I'm doing this because I'm enjoying it - aesthetically and because I'm learning a skill - not because there was something wrong with the modern kit.

Ive used the Mach 3 a number of times since starting down the DE route, mainly down to logistics etc.. What surprised me was that the shave was better than i remember and i put that down to the prep - soap/cream and post shave routine that i have now introduced since starting down the DE route.

The razor is only one part of the equation, without the rest id still be suffering piss poor shaving.

When I used cartridges I used to get bad shaves. BUT at the same time I knew nothing about shave prep., used canned goo and never used any aftershave or balm. Not to mention my technique was pretty bad. I'm sure a lot of us were the same.

I expect if we were to keep our newly improved technique, combined with the shave prep. and products we use now our shave would be a lot better. So are cartridges 'bad'? Or is it a case of "A bad workman blames his tools"?

I've still got a Fusion Power razor and 4 blades hanging around. I wonder .....

quattrojames said:
When I used cartridges I used to get bad shaves. BUT at the same time I knew nothing about shave prep., used canned goo and never used any aftershave or balm. Not to mention my technique was pretty bad. I'm sure a lot of us were the same.

I expect if we were to keep our newly improved technique, combined with the shave prep. and products we use now our shave would be a lot better. So are cartridges 'bad'? Or is it a case of "A bad workman blames his tools"?

I've still got a Fusion Power razor and 4 blades hanging around. I wonder .....

Dunno. I used brush, balm, soap with M3 and Fusion. Wasn't happy. Didn't change much to the routine after going DE and was a lot more satisfied with the result.

For the carts, I find they give me no nicks but lots of weepers and indeed, speed. But they clog. Darn do they clog up easily. And - I like the look & feel of a Futur, EJ89, Gillette vintage, Slant a lot better than the fusion gamer or regular or whatever.

The online world gives me options. But I was dissatisfied with the carts before going online, which caused me to go DE. Online has just made it better.

YMMV etc. This is my experience only. I don't shave my head.

When I used cartridges - Wilkinson Sword Protector, King Of Shaves Azor, Gillette Contour, a Lidls twin blade; I was getting good shaves, but not paying much attention to them. In other words, shower, shave, rinse off, that's it. Nothing wrong with that, but I did get some irritation and soreness.

Back
Top Bottom