Gauging appetite for buying vintage blades

What blades are you interested in trying?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all.
Just wanted to gauge interest on the topic of buying vintage blades.
I have a decent amount of a few very good quality, long lasting blades, and I see a couple of people posting here from time to time selling a few types of well regarded blades.
(Sadly I don't have enough vintage Polsilver so they are not an option.)

Obviously price will be a big factor, but I wonder are people put off buying blades they really like but are tricky to get hold of?

My initial thoughts were doing a sample pack of what I consider to be good vintage blades so that people can try a handful of a wide range without too much outlay.

Appreciate your thoughts and votes for what would interest you.

Last edited:
Go for it mate i’m sure people will take them off your hands what ever you decide to do.
personally speaking i like buying plenty if the opportunity arises but i’m also very open to samples as that way everyone can give them a go. but
only input i would have is some people on ebay seem to have had a bang on the head when it comes to prices, especially trying to get spoilers from the US.

Go for it mate i’m sure people will take them off your hands what ever you decide to do.
personally speaking i like buying plenty if the opportunity arises but i’m also very open to samples as that way everyone can give them a go. but
only input i would have is some people on ebay seem to have had a bang on the head when it comes to prices, especially trying to get spoilers from the US.
+1 :)

Paul.

I've ticked spoilers just because I've heard how long they last and that they seem to be as legendary as they are unobtainable. Would be cool to try, despite the fact that they'd be hard to get if I wanted more. Just to satisfy curiosity and fomo really.

I've ticked spoilers just because I've heard how long they last and that they seem to be as legendary as they are unobtainable. Would be cool to try, despite the fact that they'd be hard to get if I wanted more. Just to satisfy curiosity and fomo really.
I have only ever used one or two of the Spoilers, chiefly because they are hard to get. But I am working on a potential source for them. No promises...

I can't see anyone has voted for the Spoilers so you may need to try the vote option again.

I have only ever used one or two of the Spoilers, chiefly because they are hard to get. But I am working on a potential source for them. No promises...

I can't see anyone has voted for the Spoilers so you may need to try the vote option again.
Understood, and cheers for your effort to source some. I'm easy, just wanted to participate really, no biggie if too hard to get. I realised I forgot to click "cast vote", I just hit send so it didn't register. D'oh! Thanks, vote cast properly now!

Hi all.
Just wanted to gauge interest on the topic of buying vintage blades.
I have a decent amount of a few very good quality, long lasting blades, and I see a couple of people posting here from time to time selling a few types of well regarded blades.
(Sadly I don't have enough vintage Polsilver so they are not an option.)

Obviously price will be a big factor, but I wonder are people put off buying blades they really like but are tricky to get hold of?

My initial thoughts were doing a sample pack of what I consider to be good vintage blades so that people can try a handful of a wide range without too much outlay.

Appreciate your thoughts and votes for what would interest you.
I've never heard of the Astra Keramik blades, what can you tell me about them?

Thank you,

Paul.

I've never heard of the Astra Keramik blades, what can you tell me about them?

Thank you,

Paul.
Hi Paul,

Can't tell you a great deal to be honest.
I picked up about 50 or so quite a few years back. Haven't seen them anywhere since.
I'm not near my stash at the moment so a photo of them boxed away is the best I can do for now.

I used one, maybe two, quite a few years ago when I first got them. Didn't use more than that as I new they were hard to source.
They're not on my blade review spreadsheet.
I remember them being good and will give one another try this week if you like.
Screenshot_20230131-170215.png

Hi Paul,

Can't tell you a great deal to be honest.
I picked up about 50 or so quite a few years back. Haven't seen them anywhere since.
I'm not near my stash at the moment so a photo of them boxed away is the best I can do for now.

I used one, maybe two, quite a few years ago when I first got them. Didn't use more than that as I new they were hard to source.
They're not on my blade review spreadsheet.
I remember them being good and will give one another try this week if you like.
View attachment 99844
Thank you, that would be good. :)

Paul.

Here ars some photos of some of the above blades.
I have more English Wilkies and Gillette Platinum, and may be getting some more Scottish Permasharps and Iridium Super in the next week or two.
The rest I only have what's in the photos.
Only a handful of Spoilers at the moment which is one reason I wanted to get votes on whether it was worth me getting them in.
PXL_20230131_195248977.jpgScreenshot_20230131-203558.pngScreenshot_20230131-203527.png
PXL_20230131_201848025.jpgPXL_20230131_201859037.jpg
PXL_20230131_202206285.jpgPXL_20230131_200435519~2.jpgPXL_20230131_201321991.jpg

Reactions: PHR
Back
Top Bottom