Gannet Alert! (testers please)

My experience was the same as Jeltz's, but being forewarned I wasn't dismayed. The myrtle soap produced a profuse and aerated lather with not much in the way of body to it; surprisingly it was quite stable and lasted in the bowl for a long time. Not what you'd call a shaving soap, but nice stuff for washing with, and encouragingly slippery too. I didn't try lathering the anonymous soap, I'll do that out of curiosity in due course, but I'll be more than happy to use it as a hand soap - hmm, lemongrass :hungrig

I'm sending half of my samples on to one of our respected and admired moderators, and I'm sure he'll supply an extra opinion in due course. My guess is that Elaine's shaving soap proper will be a good one, because these samples are as good as most artisan soaps that have come my way, and better than one shaving soap which I shan't name ... but Sonny will know which one.

Used the Myrtle Soap tonight, smell was real;y nice, i had no trouble producing a lather but found doing my normal routine produce a slightly watery lather, and it didn't stay on my face long enough to get a good shave, i made a new lather again just to make sure it wasn't me but got the same result, just need a magic ingredient or a tweak to make it last longer...

the soap does make a fantastic bathing/washing soap, totally non dryong, great smell, did not cause irritation as some soaps do with me

I would be more than happy to test other soap formulations as they are produced..... :D :D

steve

sorry this is only a short review as i am doing this on an iphone as my internet has been down for two days (cheers BT) :twisted:

Apologies for the delay on this – I have been a little busy and I haven't shaved for a few days.

I tried to lather up the CWRW DU soap tonight…

Pretty much the same thing, tbh. I managed to get a pretty good lather, but it looked more like a foam in the end. I have a pretty bunged up nose, so I didn't really get much in the way of scent.

Applied the "lather" to the face, and it sort of coated it but it didn't last that long. In the end I decided to use the brush and lather as a prep for the shave, and my face does feel nice and clean. I would guess that this is halfway there to being a pretty good shaving soap – it sort of reminded me of Mama Bear's (certainly in the way it lathered up and stayed in the lather bowl) – it's just missing something. Again, I am 100% certain that the shaving soaps that you are making – going on this experience – are going to be very good indeed.

I shall have a play with the rest of the soaps – SWMBA has already commented on the fact that she loves the smell of some of them, but her nose is working much better than mine.

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom