Gannet Alert! (testers please)

FrenchBlade said:
Pig Cat said:
Briallen said:
I have all the addresses now and have acquired some padded envelopes so I'll post them out tomorrow or Wednesday.

The Myrtle Stout soap will be a half bar (so that you have a useable soap for washing if, as I suspect, it's not best suited to shaving) and the Cwrw Du will be a small piece.

:eek: What?! How did I miss this? Did you all PM Briallen except me?? :cry:
Arrowhead said:
Looks like it PC. Never mind, I'm sure someone will pass some on since you've expressed an interest ;)

If Briallen hasn't sent mine, PC, you can have mine mate!

Max

Max, don't worry buddy but thanks for the offer. You've warmed my heart on a cold evening. :D

They're packed up ready to post - but precipitation has been somewhat excessive this afternoon so I haven't been out, hopefully tomorrow.

I had hoped to put half-bars in - but have had to cut into quarters trying to keep within the Large Letter thickness.

Sorry PC - watch out for the next request.

The package arrived a couple of minutes ago, safe and sound :)

3 pieces of soap, the fragrance emanating from the envelope is pleasant but obviously a mix of all 3.

- Myrtle stout
- Cwrw Du
- Anonymous

I have shaved already today so I shall start with the Stout, tomorrow, and report on how it works.

Many thanks for letting me be one of your testers :cool:

I've received a package identical to Jeltz's, thank you Elaine. The myrtle soap will get an audition tonight ... I'll take a view on whether it's to be a cut throat or DE shave once I've made some lather. Both the beer soaps are pleasantly scented, but the anonymous one smells ravishing.

Mine are here too.

• I might get one wet tonight, but have to see how things develop as to what's in the shave tonight.
      • I haven't even had a sniff at them yet; just wanted to report they'd landed OK.
          • Time for dinner/supper/tea/evening meal.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

OK I'll bight the bullet.....

I've tried the myrtle stout and the anonymous and I'm sorry to say that I couldn't produce a stable lather from either :( the lather I did produce was great it just broke down by the time you'd finished "painting" the other side of your face.

Our water may be to blame so I shall try purified water instead but as it stands I thing they are great hand and body soaps with pleasant fragrances but not quite there for shaving. That said the anonymous was substantially better than the myrtle; I'd say it was close you just need to tweak the recipe to produce a longer lasting lather. ( Don't ask me how!)

I will try the Cwrw Du as well and report how that goes.

Jeltz said:
OK I'll bight the bullet.....

I've tried the myrtle stout and the anonymous and I'm sorry to say that I couldn't produce a stable lather from either :( the lather I did produce was great it just broke down by the time you'd finished "painting" the other side of your face.

Our water may be to blame so I shall try purified water instead but as it stands I thing they are great hand and body soaps with pleasant fragrances but not quite there for shaving. That said the anonymous was substantially better than the myrtle; I'd say it was close you just need to tweak the recipe to produce a longer lasting lather. ( Don't ask me how!)

I will try the Cwrw Du as well and report how that goes.

Thanks - much as I expected 'cos they weren't formulated as shaving soaps; I can understand why the anonymous was much better than the myrtle. If I were you I wouldn't bother trying shaving with Cwrw Du, save it for washing hands/body.

Mine arrived this morning – I have to say that they smell pretty awesome, especially the hemp oil (?) soap and Anonymous… I haven't had chance to play with them, yet. I had to shave on the fly this evening, so it was Palmolive cream for speed and comfort (hadn't shaved for a couple of days, and I had to get to the daughter's school). They are currently sitting behind me and are making the room that I work in smell really good.

Will have a play either tomorrow night or over the weekend and report back, as promised.

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom