FUSION MANUAL

Can anyone help I have been using fusion for a while now and seem to get a bad shave from them at first I thought it was me shaving wrongly but have changed directions afew times with no effect I will be switching after my supply runs out as they are extorsionate price wise at a tener it bugs me everytime I ghave to buy them but I still do cus you want the best shave possible but I only get ingrown hairs and skin rashes with fusion I have been told by a friend that fusion cut too close so that the hair is below the skin surface and thats what causes the ingrown hairs.

I have now been in touch with other people with the same problem with fusion and at the £2.34 per head you expect a top of the range shave. Also why is there such a small difference in price for mach3 20p for 8 pack im sure they were much cheaper before fusion were released. And now I find out the blades actually cost gillette 20p to make why has this not been challenged before now.

MORGAN

modedit: Making it easier to read

Urban Hermit said:
Hi - please ditch the all-caps approach.

Yes, there's no need to shout.

Don't confuse price with quality. Just because Fusion cartridges cost more, it doesn't mean that they're going to shave you better. You may have hit the nail on the head when you say that multi-blade cartridges draw the hairs out and then cut them below skin level, resulting in ingrowns.

Stick around, and you'll pick up plenty of tips and widen your horizons. You'll enjoy DE shaving much more - give it a try.

Regards

Ian

Morgan,

The Caps-Lock thing makes posts difficult to read. I suggest you deck it.

Watch the videos from Mantic. Here's a good on to start with.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjhIy9rgWQU[/youtube]

Ian

Go to your library and borrow a copy of sharp practice not only is it very informative but humorous as well it gives a step by step to each way of shaving my wife & kids got me a copy for I think it was a birthday in 06 and I have found it to be full of good information (even after years of shaving) so it may also be a good reference guide to yourself but also take on board the knowledge of some fellow shavers on here as not all where born with straights/DEs in there hands and have also had the hard knock life of the cartridge world

70yfN.jpg

But on a lighter note, since you're going to ditch the Fusion, have a try with a DE, first investment might be a bit more. (though you can get a DE for a fiver at boots), play around with it for a while.
You might actually like it. :D You could later move on to a straight, and be ultra manly.. I haven't got the guts (or enough blood) to try this yet... :D :lol:

Personally I switched from multiblades to a DE a month and a half ago, wouldn't go back for anything!

Welcome to the forum!

FB.

Hi Morgie, My own belief is that for many of us 4 or 5 blades presents more of a shaving surface (like a plane or a woodspoke) than a straightfowrad blade, and can irritate the surface of the skin. The best disposeable headed razor I ever tried was the twin blade Senmsor, and if it wasn't for commercial reasons I can't imagine why Gillette would have ever gone further than 2 blades.

I don't know what type of gel or cream you're using with the Fusion, however I believe that you'll see (and feel) things getting better almost over night if you move onto a shaving soap or cream which you apply with a brush ; assuming you've been working with a aerosol until now.

I can't help with a brush (Your local Morrisons or Asda may though, for under a fiver) however if you want to borrow a double edge razor drop me a PM & I'll send you down some soap & a few blades with one of my razors to try.

JohnnyO. :geek:

Use light touch, and shave in the direction of the growth of your beard. Then across the grain, then against. Don't try to go against the grain straight away, while it will cut closer quicker, it will yank more hairs than cut them. Reduce the beard gradually, not in one attempt.

20 PENCE?...I BET THEY COST GILLETTE LESS THAN THAT.

Is Urban Hermit complaining about inappropriate text use because it's difficult to read.... :lol:

The Fusion is a triumph of marketing, the principle behind a multi-blade system seems to loose credibility beyond a 2nd blade and even then it just promotes ingrown hairs.

Either try a DE razor or a single blade Bic Sensitive work on 2 (or 3) passes with the grain then across the grain (and possibly against the grain).

Most important though try a shaving brush and shaving soap or cream.

Before the Fusion and it's multi-bladed counterparts get a thorough kicking, there are people than can use multiblade razors without any adverse effects.

I'm one of them.

But, if they are causing you to have ingrown hairs etc, then things will probably improve if you move to a singe bladed razor.

Ian

I found the Fusion went blunt quickly but did use a WS Quatro Titanium for ages. The problem I found was that trying for a BBS meant that I did 2-3 passes and the 4 blades gave me nasty razor burn, so I didn't I went for a SAS but I would still get in grown hairs.

Of course that was also with a can of Tesco shaving foam, as well so I bet that I would have better results with a brush and soap.

Fact is though that 2-3 passes with a DE or Bic Sensitive generally results in a pleasant smooth shave without irritation and that's what I was always looking for whenever I tried the latest a multi-blade offering.

Back
Top Bottom