FS: US made Aristocrat 1946-47 version

Hiya,

Much as I like keeping these types, I need the cash for more shaving crap! So, it's a win win thingy.

Up for sale is this gold plated no notch Aristo, made in either 1946 or 1947. Basically, it's in nice shape, with only a few small blems. No plating loss, except for a very small spot on the very bottom of one of the end caps. The handle has a small area where the lacquer has darkened a bit, which is very common for the Aristocrat. No other items to mention.

Yeah, the head shows much less that average wear, and the doors open and close smoothly. All in all a very nice and shiny razor that comes with a case in fair condition.

Shipping will run me $8-9 because of the case weight, so I'm thinking $45 with shipping included would be a fair price for what you get.

Please use the pm feature if interested, since that's the order I go by.

Thanks,

Martin

Attachments

• 1946 Aristo FS 003 (Small).jpg
    1946 Aristo FS 003 (Small).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 1946 Aristo FS 005 (Small).jpg
    1946 Aristo FS 005 (Small).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1946 Aristo FS 007 (Small).jpg
    1946 Aristo FS 007 (Small).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 58
KRF1963 said:
I have one of these and they are a great shaver. Not as good as those made this side of the pond of course but still pretty good :angel:

Hi there,

Yeah, those things are probably the one I'd use as my go to razor if the Fatboy didn't occupy that spot already.

As you probably know, it's basically the same razor as a Diplomat or President as to how it shaves. You're right about it not quite being the same build as the UK versions, but it's a step above lots of other US made models.

Martin

Dipesh said:
That's lovely Martin.

I just wish it was a president!

Thanks for the kind words, and good luck finding a Prez for reasonable money these days. Heh, actually I have no idea what the market's like, but I'd guess high right now.

Only seen two in the wild, and Steve (missingchin) has one of em that's been replated in nickel. Hah, I think I made up some BS about the goofy thing being owned by Julia Child or someone. He's big on provenance. For some reason, that one didn't fit me like I'd hoped.

There's a near mint Prez in my rotation and the thing shines like crazy. Great shave and the visual is striking. Always nice when that one calls to me.

Martin

dodgy said:
KRF1963 said:
I have one of these and they are a great shaver. Not as good as those made this side of the pond of course but still pretty good :angel:

Hi there,

Yeah, those things are probably the one I'd use as my go to razor if the Fatboy didn't occupy that spot already.

As you probably know, it's basically the same razor as a Diplomat or President as to how it shaves. You're right about it not quite being the same build as the UK versions, but it's a step above lots of other US made models.

Martin

I agree Martin and it is a really fair price especially from such an impeccable source (and given the fact that JFK once owned it).

I am surprised it is still here. I took a chance on mine on Ebay via Canada and it was a little cheaper than this but has more plate loss on the end plates and the blade bar (which seems kinda weird to me!)

I agree Martin and it is a really fair price especially from such an impeccable source (and given the fact that JFK once owned it).

[/quote]
Thanks for the nice words. Yeah, I'm a little surprised myself to find this set still up for grabs. All I can figure is everyone already has this model razor, or else the price is too low.

I didn't remember mentioning JFK using this razor as his go to one, but you're absolutely correct. Under the head, the words "From M to J", are engraved.......whatever that means.

Martin

Hah, I just remembered the story I gave missingchin about where his Prez came from. Another valuable JFK artifact.....

dodgy said:
Dipesh said:
That's lovely Martin.

I just wish it was a president!

Thanks for the kind words, and good luck finding a Prez for reasonable money these days. Heh, actually I have no idea what the market's like, but I'd guess high right now.

Only seen two in the wild, and Steve (missingchin) has one of em that's been replated in nickel. Hah, I think I made up some BS about the goofy thing being owned by Julia Child or someone. He's big on provenance. For some reason, that one didn't fit me like I'd hoped.

There's a near mint Prez in my rotation and the thing shines like crazy. Great shave and the visual is striking. Always nice when that one calls to me.

Martin

Missinglink has 2..........1 collector grade in box, blades, instructions,ect and the re-plated one......great shavers........:p:p

Mmmm always a good deal from the Blockmeister.
Nice razor good price.
Give dodgy access to your paypal account it makes life sooooo much easier.
Cheers
Mongooses.

missingskin said:
Shame the razor pot is empty otherwise I would snap this one up. Good raxzor for the right price from a well known and trusted seller.

Thanks Steve,

Yeah, I'm not in a hurry to sell this set up. If I was it woulda gone to the smarter forum for a quick sale. Oh, no offense to the members here.

Marvin

Back
Top Bottom