FS: FlareTip Superspeed - SOLD

I have 2 Flaretip Superspeeds in near mint condition.

One is an A4 the other Z3, not much difference in quality between them, both are very nice.
No plating loss, usual few scratches, but otherwise near mint.

Just the one left. (A4)

They have been cleaned and disinfected, ready to be used.

17 GBP inc postage within the EU, (signed for +3 quid)

Paypal gift, first PM secures.

Max

More pics of the one left:

aKJYF.jpg

DrhTn.jpg

2BBm5.jpg

Re: FS: FlareTip Superspeed

Please excuse my ignorance Max, but if we compare this superspeed to say a slim adjustable, how aggressive by comparision would the superspeed be? For instance, what number setting on the adjustable would match the spuerspeed, do you think?

Professor Blighty said:
Please excuse my ignorance Max, but if we compare this superspeed to say a slim adjustable, how aggressive by comparision would the superspeed be? For instance, what number setting on the adjustable would match the spuerspeed, do you think?
Prof,

For fear of not giving the right info, I'll let someone else who uses both comment on that.
From my memory, it's probably about a "4", but I might be wrong...

Anyone who has both care to comment?

Max

Professor Blighty said:

Hi Prof,

To me, most superspeed models (including the flare tip) feel like about the #4-5 setting on the Gillette scale. That's not to say the superspeed is gonna shave like a slim set on that same number though. Sadly, that's not how DE razors work. The amount of bite is just a part of what makes razors different from each other, which results in how they perform. For example, the head design plays a major role in how a particular razor will fit.

Hope that helps somehow,

Martin

Professor Blighty said:

Hi Prof, what is your proffered setting with the slim Adj :?:

I usually start with a 3 or 4, then dial down one for the next pass, so by the third pass I'm on 1 or 2. I know this won't suit everyone, but it suits me, and I haven't had any nick or weepers, or skin problems since I've been using the adjustable this way.

Back
Top Bottom