Fitjar Soap

N_Architect said:
I received a puck (Neroli) but sent it back to Exec Shaving y'day - I kept the same scent (Neroli) in shaving cream though. It smells pure Neroli, very spring/summery, very nice and different, not that strong (as mentioned by Fozz before over at another forum, if my memory does serve me well). Fitjar soaps contain tallow as you may already know.

So, you say you sent back the soap - is that because it was no good and you settled for the cream instead?

No, I sent it back because (in complete contrast to you :lol: ) I have an affection for creams really, I guess.

As I may have said before, opinions in forums tend to say that creams are Fitjar's flagship product. Soaps came just a bit later, apparently.

Knowing your strong preference for soaps and quality products in general, I would take the risk and try Fitjar.
If judging by their shave creams is any real measure, you won't be disappointed. As far as I am concerned, their shave creams are one of my best.

Incidentally, now that we talk about quality stuff, you should try Castle Forbes. It may have a texture of more cream-like, but especially for your sensitive skin it'll work like a miracle. If you decide to try Fitjar through Exec Shaving, you may as well get the CF Lavender or Limes essential oil, it's top notch stuff I can tell you that...

N_Architect said:
Incidentally, now that we talk about quality stuff, you should try Castle Forbes. It may have a texture of more cream-like, but especially for your sensitive skin it'll work like a miracle. If you decide to try Fitjar through Exec Shaving, you may as well get the CF Lavender or Limes essential oil, it's top notch stuff I can tell you that...

I've long been a fan of the Castle Forbes range. I had the (old, paraben-infused formulation) Limes for quite a bit and got on OK with it. I found soaps though to be much more moisturising though. I get a much closer shave with soaps overall...

The Castle Forbes after shave balms, however, are slowly becoming my favourite. I recently tried the lavender and despite the fact that the scent is a little bitter for my sinus, it is mild and gentle. I had travel packs of the Limes, 1445 and Cedar/Sandalwood and intend to get the full size bottle. Truth is I may end up getting them all... :lol:

Next soap currently on its way to me is Pre de Provence from West Coast Shaving. It should make a nice, gentle spring scent but I've yet to receive it.

JohnnyO said:
Just think how many Shave Sticks one could stack in one's refridgerator ...........

JohnnyO. \:idea:/

Possibly, but I wouldn't actually think so.

I hadn't seen the price of each before I posted this... (20 quid for a stick?) :icon_rolleyes:

Quite expensive if you also consider you can get the trusty Valobra (tallow), the German Calani (some nice scents there) or the La Toja (veggie) each at considerably less than half of the Fitjar...

Back
Top Bottom