First SE recommendations

BTW: Sold by Schick Division, Richard Hudnut. I don't think I've seen too many of those...
(and you get 15p off your next purchase of Schick blades!!!)

So if I went for this razor, would this type of blade fit ok

Yes, you are quite correct, you can find user grade 1912s for a tenner, a great price to dip your toe into SE shaving.

Paul.

Thanks for all the responses, alot of reading to do. Appreciate all the information being provded here

I have a US made 1912 linked by @Boycie83 a bit earlier, some blades are on order from Connaught to go with it.

I quite fancy a UK 1912 and a Schick injector to make a nice little group of three SE to give a try out

Not sure if it's still available but @Jpshaver had a Schick adjustable for sale here along with some blades:

Thread 'Five razors to go' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/five-razors-to-go.58043/

Hold out for a British 1912. Better plating. Better QC. Better shave. Experience across a collection of over 100 of them and several years shaving.

Yes. But: You would need an empty injector magazine (with a metal finger) to transfer the blades to and inject them from there.
It sounds like a big kerfuffle, but it is rather straightforward.
The above-mentioned Schick comes with three twin blades (the best!) in just such a magazine.
Win-win... just saying.

After a week of shaving with the 1912 one thing I am impressed by is blade longevity, and sticking to one blade has made a nice change. Usually with DE 3 shaves and it's finished. 5th on on the persona GEM and still good, admittedly technique may be improving... What sort of average are you seeing out of a blade?