First SE recommendations

A Lovely Schick Schick Injector Like this One is Good Value for Money..Very Easy to Use..The Blades that Come with this Razor are Some of the Best Ever Made..You Can Buy Modern Injector Blades to Go with It..:rolleyes:

Bil;ly
BTW: Sold by Schick Division, Richard Hudnut. I don't think I've seen too many of those...
(and you get 15p off your next purchase of Schick blades!!!)

A Lovely Schick Schick Injector Like this One is Good Value for Money..Very Easy to Use..The Blades that Come with this Razor are Some of the Best Ever Made..You Can Buy Modern Injector Blades to Go with It..:rolleyes:

Bil;ly

So if I went for this razor, would this type of blade fit ok

Surely you meant to say £10.
I have quite a few 1912s and I only paid £22 for a complete Bathroom set and even more for a Sun-ray.
All others were under a tenner. If they are under a fiver they need a bit of cleaing... which is easy...
When I find a really filthy 1912 for next-to-nothing in the wild, I can't resist. 20 minutes of work and they look as-good-as-new.
Yes, you are quite correct, you can find user grade 1912s for a tenner, a great price to dip your toe into SE shaving.

Paul.

Thanks for all the responses, alot of reading to do. Appreciate all the information being provded here

I have a US made 1912 linked by @Boycie83 a bit earlier, some blades are on order from Connaught to go with it.

I quite fancy a UK 1912 and a Schick injector to make a nice little group of three SE to give a try out

Thanks for all the responses, alot of reading to do. Appreciate all the information being provded here

I have a US made 1912 linked by @Boycie83 a bit earlier, some blades are on order from Connaught to go with it.

I quite fancy a UK 1912 and a Schick injector to make a nice little group of three SE to give a try out
Not sure if it's still available but @Jpshaver had a Schick adjustable for sale here along with some blades:

Thread 'Five razors to go' https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/five-razors-to-go.58043/

Hold out for a British 1912. Better plating. Better QC. Better shave. Experience across a collection of over 100 of them and several years shaving.

So if I went for this razor, would this type of blade fit ok

Yes. But: You would need an empty injector magazine (with a metal finger) to transfer the blades to and inject them from there.
It sounds like a big kerfuffle, but it is rather straightforward.
The above-mentioned Schick comes with three twin blades (the best!) in just such a magazine.
Win-win... just saying.

After a week of shaving with the 1912 one thing I am impressed by is blade longevity, and sticking to one blade has made a nice change. Usually with DE 3 shaves and it's finished. 5th on on the persona GEM and still good, admittedly technique may be improving... What sort of average are you seeing out of a blade?

Back
Top Bottom