First ever Shave - Shave of the day :)

So first report in of first ever shave.

It was great :) , really enjoyed it.

So used my starter pack that arrived today

Razor - Weishi 2003-M (blade was the one included, Dorco) blade did not seem massively sharp so I may try one of my Wilkinson Sword ones next to compare.
Brush - Cheapish Boar Hair brush
Soap - Palmolive Stick
Aftershave - new Old Spice

no pre shave beside lots of hot water due to not having any stuff yet.

So originally decided two passes would be enough, one pass with grain, one across the grain as I have seen many people use. After second pass decided on a third as I had not been stretching my skin enough and missed a bit on my neck and under my nose, so third pass cleaned that all up.

Very smooth, no irritation, I seemed to pick up the 30% tilt quite fast and did not cut myself at all not even a small one (proud) :D

So overall, I will most definitely be continuing this shaving style. I guess shaving is just one of those things our granddads have mastered and we cannot improve on :D

p.s. Forgot to mention, first shave I did have a problem developing the lather, I think this is mostly down to error mixed with the pretty basic boar brush, by the third pass I had got the lather I wanted, completely white face.

thank you, think I will have to invest in a moisturiser/after shave balm as my face feels quite dry now after washing with cold water and drying.

Keep studying the guides fella, you actually pick up more and they make even greater sense when you are trying to put it all into practice.

Yes, I intend to keep reading up on tips etc and watching the masters at it on youtube etc, hopefully improve my skills as there is obviously a lot of room to improve compared to those with years of experience.

The weishi was okay, lightweight, seemed sturdy on the blade holding clamps.
I could see why a heavier razor might be a better shave though, as I noticed at times It was very light on my face, so maybe would have been a closer shave with a heavier razor.

Back
Top Bottom