Finished.!!

Finished my alum block.

I've had this for years as a post shave check for whether my shave was too close but since I've been getting good shaves over the last few years I've no had the need to use it for shaving.

So I've been using it as an under arm antiperspirant. No scent but stops armpit perspiration very well. It also doesn't irritate my skin like some of the stronger commercial deodorants can do. I use it by dipping it into the sink water between the 2nd and 3rd passes and rub underarm. This gives it plenty of time to dry before I finish shaving.

It became too small for the holder/applicator so I've been using it naked (the alum block not me) but now it's got too small (3 cm cubed) to manage and hold so it's time to start on a new one.

Finished Alum Block.jpg

This is the replacement one below. Great size and a nifty twist-up applicator, available from Holland & Barrett. These things last for yonks.

081664_A.jpg

Last edited:
Finished my alum block.

I've had this for years as a post shave check for whether my shave was too close but since I've been getting good shaves over the last few years I've no had the need to use it for shaving.

So I've been using it as an under arm antiperspirant. No scent but stops armpit perspiration very well. It also doesn't irritate my skin like some of the stronger commercial deodorants can do. To use it by dipping it into the sink water between the 2nd and 3rd passes and rub underarm. This gives it plenty of time to dry before I finish shaving.

It became too small for the holder/applicator so I've been using it naked (the alum block not me) but now it's got too small (3 cm cubed) to manage and hold so it's time to start on a new one.

View attachment 51059

This is the replacement one below. Great size and a nifty twist-up applicator, available from Holland & Barrett. These things last for yonks.

081664_A.jpg

I use an osma block that I got when I first started de for my pits as well. No smell and no itchy pits any more. Much better than deodorant or anti perspirant

Finished L'Occitane Cade ASB

I bought this over 5 years ago and it's no so much finished as expired. I opened it the other day and it basically fell out of the tube in a kind of thin liquid, so I'm guessing it's gone off. A bit disappointing really as I've only had 30 uses out of it but that's my fault for not using it enough while I had it.
A word of warning: this is what happens when you buy too many shaving consumables and don't have chance to use them up fast enough.

Before the ASB went the way of the fairies it was a thick luxurious cream, delicate scent and very soothing. Sounds good but that's just like most other ASBs out there.

Would I buy it again? Probably not; it's a tad expensive for what it is and it'll be a long time before I run out of my stash of ASBs (unless they all start going off) . There's such a range of other products out there that I'll probably try something else.

finished loccitane asb.jpg

Finished Palmolive, Lea, SuperMax and Arko last year and gave I Coloniali away so no more shaving creams. This year I am working on my soaps but so far like Sisyphos not making much of a difference.

I'm trying to do something similar, finished Lea today and I have a few other creams to work through (Mr Vicco, etc) that I won't replace but the soaps I have in particular the sticks do not seem to have gone down even in the slightest bit. The temptation to buy more soaps is always strong though!

Back
Top Bottom