Finished.!!

Finished St. James Cedarwood & Clarysage shaving cream 75ml.

I've had 25 shaves with this since buying from a fellow forum member 4 years ago.

Although seeming like a pretty standard formula this cream performs excellently. It has a really pleasant sent, kind of calming.
I would definitely recommend it.

Would I buy it again? Possibly once I've whittled down my soap/cream stash.

St James cream (finished).jpg

Finished yet another Thayers Witch Hazel (probably the best witch hazel in the world).

I've had a few flavours of this witch hazel like Rose, Lemon and Lavender, but I have to say that cucumber is my favourite, precisely because its scent does not interfere with any of the soaps' or aftershaves'. Cucumber has a calming feel to it.
It's the one product that I use with every shave; straight after the final rinse and pat dry and before the aftershave is applied.

It's taken a long time to get through this 355ml bottle and I've got a few more soldiers in reserve.

Finished Thayers Witch Hazel.jpg

Finished Truefitt & Hill Shaving Cream

According to my shaving spreadsheet I've only had 14 shaves out of this since I bought it over 5 years ago. This sounds a dismally small amount (although I do tend to use far more cream than I actually need per shave) but it is only a 75ml tube. I only started my spreadsheet in 2015 so I'd probably used it more times before then.

Anyhow today I squeezed the last drop of cream from the tube and it's time to say farewell to it. At first I didn't really rate the scent even though many praise it highly. I've been using it for quite a few times recently, mainly to get rid of it from my hoard, and have to say the scent has grown on me. It's a kind of classic medium strength shaving soap scent described as "opens with notes of bergamot, mandarin and cardamom combined with lavender, geranium and clary sage heart; resting on a sandalwood, cedarwood and musk base"; how I would describe it would be a manly scent.

Performance is excellent, great glide allowing a close shave with some conditioning to boot.

Would I buy it again? Probably not. Although its scent has grown on me, it hasn't replaced other creams in my collection. I've enjoyed using it, and at least two other creams from T&H but it's not one for me to replace.

Finished T&H 1805 cream.jpg

Finished Reef Point - Peerless Shaving Soap

46 shaves I got out of this soap puck since I bought it in 2015; now that's good value.

One of my all time favourites. Scent is a mixture of Cedar, Bergamot, Tobacco, Bay and Pine - how could it not be fantastic!
Performance is top notch and I can't fault the soap in any way.

If I remember the puck came in a very small tin which wasn't big enough for loading the brush, so I grated it into a bowl I bought from a junk shop.

Would I buy it again? Yes, in a heartbeat, but unfortunately Reef Point soaps are no longer in existence.

Reef Point finished.jpg

Finished Trumpers Eucris Shaving Cream.

At least 27 shaves I got out of this 75g tube of the last 5 years. If you like the scent of Eucris then this one is a must. Great performance and quite a decent strength of scent. No negatives really.
BTW: If you're thinking of getting the hard soap version of this then think again, it's absolutely bobbins; impossible to lather.

Trumpers Eucris finished.jpg

this year's target will be just 2 aftershaves - both a Polish brand called Bond. am using a different 1912 soap each month and possibly 50g of Tabac so I won't use them enough to use them up. also focussing on Edts - I have 15ml Chanel Platinum Egoiste, 30ml GFT, 25ml Dior Homme and maybe 25ml of Cacheral. will report in December!

actually used up an erasmic shave stick too last year :)

20ml of the Dior remains so that plus 50ml Eucris edt will be used up in 2020.
I also intend to finish 85g of Eucris soap which I am able to get a decent lather out of.
42g of P160 which has been sitting in my stash for too long.
I have one Bond a/s left which will pair nicely with Wickham Bleu LE so that's on the hit list too.

see you back here in 2021!

Finished L'Occitane Cade shaving cream - bought about 5 years ago and used over 33 times.

Well it's ok. No serious problems with it but it doesn't shine for me. The scent is fine, a little boring but inoffensive. The lather lacks body but does the job ok.
Would I buy it again? Nope. There are plenty of better soaps/creams out there.

20200120_085443.jpg

Back
Top Bottom