Feather All Stainless Razor

I was going through the SOTD's there to see if he had posted in there, you do need a few shaves to evaluate any new product so I think we need to give the man some shaving space.

PeterFranks said:
"I was going through the SOTD's there to see if he had posted in there"

Same here, eagerly awaiting the review of this one.

Peter, if you've not already seen it, there's an excellent review of this razor under the "Reviews" section, by Audiolab.

Regards

Ian

+1 on that review.

My razor arrived today, top service from Connaught seeing as it was only ordered Sunday night.

First thing that struck me is the size of the package. Granted it's well presented, and the box is a nice touch, but from all the photos I was expecting it to be huge, whereas in reality it's not that much bigger than the palm of your hand.

First shave will probably be tomorrow morning.

So it's obviously too early to judge after one shave, but here I go anyway!

To give it some context, my favourite razor is a Slim and I usually shave with it set to 1 or 2 - so that's pretty mild. Comparing the Feather with this, both with blades in, it looked to have much more blade exposure so I was wary of an aggressive shave.

Using a 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, Proraso cream and a New Forest brush I lathered up, somewhat apprehensively. Turns out my fears were unfounded, the Feather is a joy to use.

I would say that this razor shaves the stubble very aggressively, but manages to be relatively mild on the face. I was left with a little redness (usually have none) but a very close shave. I'd say it shaves as close if not better than my 34C/HD, but without being so unkind on my face.

So far then so good, and no buyer remorse (despite the price!).

Back
Top Bottom