Feather All Stainless Razor

It cost more than a box of Super Thins so you were never in ya tightwad :lol:

I did say in the review it is no super scythe and offered mine out on loan. That offer still stands, if anyone wants to try one PM me and I will arrange a loan of mine.

If ordinary means clean shaven with no nicks or burn then that is no bad thing to me. That was all I wanted from this razor; something to use every day with no drama, others will want something different. I am not really that sure that I could say what an extraordinary shave is, for everyone it will be something different, for me I guess is is one I enjoy the most. I know my Plisson applies lather well but not many times better than a Simpsons best. Diminishing returns are always the case with high end items and unfortunately for Ian the Feather was too diminished in it's returns which is fair enough.

I enjoy using this one mainly because of the look, fit and finish, and the feel and that is what is extraordinary about this DE for me, however I agree there is no way on gods green earth is is three times as good as a 38C.

I still find it works best at a steeper angle to other DE's.

I didn't want to put off anyone who wanted to try, or contradict anybody that thinks they are great.

They are a very nice razor, and the shaves are Tech-like in their comfort, but I can get a Tech-like shave from one of my Techs.

Ian

Audiolab said:
It cost more than a box of Super Thins so you were never in ya tightwad :lol:

It costs more than 1000 Superthins (1200 on promotion :lol: ) but that's not the point - my blade acquisition is over, currently I'm spreading my shaving fund between AS & razors (though there are very few of them that I'm itching to get - this was one, but isn't now)

No I understand and wasn't trying to convince you, I wanted it so I bought one, I like it but others will not and it is the difference in experiences with these things that make for good debate. I just quenched the Stainless AD with the Pils and Feather although I still think about picking up one of the Ikons.

No sign of sunbury yet, he is either staring at the package scared to open it now or camped out behind the door waiting on the postie.

antdad said:
Audiolab said:
No sign of sunbury yet, he is either staring at the package scared to open it now or camped out behind the door waiting on the postie.

Nope he found a holiday for £130.

Australia, 2 weeks, only downside is it's self catering......... a bargain's a bargain though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now now chaps !!!, i was working until 06:30 this morning..........a man's gotta sleep sometime !!!

The Feather arrived (cheers Paul ;) :D and what a lovely piece of kit it is too !!, i have not shaved in three days in honour of using the Feather tonight, will report my results later.

all packaging has been hidden away and the Feather is just settling in it's new home on my bathroom shelf, (part of me wishes i had got the stand as well, but no big deal, as i guess i can order a similar one from Greg @ Ikon Razors)

:D :D

I'm thinking seriously about ordering one of these.

Only thing is I'd quite like the stand too; can the full set be ordered online at a reasonable price, or can the stand be ordered separately at a later date if I get the razor from Connaught?

OnionNon said:
I'm thinking seriously about ordering one of these.

Only thing is I'd quite like the stand too; can the full set be ordered online at a reasonable price, or can the stand be ordered separately at a later date if I get the razor from Connaught?

£174.80 at shaving.ie with stand :
http://www.shaving.ie/products/Feather-All-Stainless-Safety-Razor-TAS%2dDS.html

or £130 from Connaught without, i like the look of the stand but £45.00 on top of what pauls charging just for a stand was too much for me, i have not seen the stand to buy seperately anywhere else, you could contact Greg at Ikon razors, he does Stainless Steel Stands that would go with it, but then with shipping it's not that much diffenent that paying the Extra £45 to get the one that has it included.

When you put it like that, it makes sense to forego the stand!

Is Connaught still the cheapest place to buy the razor? Any other deals or offers I should add to my basket while I'm there?

Thanks for the help :)

As it stands at the moment, Connaught is cheaper by 2 quid (if I am not mistaken). This is for standard 'box' model, i.e. no stand.

Point is, Shaving.ie has regularly been discounting this razor on and off. When he first introduced the standard 'box' model, at some stage (i.e. in the beginning) it was cheaper than Paul's price.

Then he introduced the 'export' box, which includes the stand. I'm not sure if this is correct (my memory could be better sometimes) but initially he must have started off with Eur 199 (I usually look at Eur prices), left it there for few weeks, then suddenly took the price of the razor up to Eur 215. Now he's back again to Eur 199. :?

Not only that, he's just about doing this on a consistent basis (though on a smaller scale) with a number of other products, i.e. a low-end Omega boar, which at a stage he had it half price, then he raised the price a bit thus lowering the hefty discount.

Back
Top Bottom