Fatboy not nice

So I know I will get strung up but here goes anyway, I have a cased fatboy F3 and I thought this was going to be the Daddy of all razors, How wrong was I.
Now after 3 shaves 3 different blades Personna,Denby,Feathers, with the razor always on the same setting number 4. I am left with a shave thats well a little below par.
My Futur and come to think about it my Super speed give better results every time, Maybe I'm just to picky but I can't see what all the hype is about as I have found it less than average every time.
This is not a Fatboy bashing thread just my view on what I think is a over rated razor

Reviews of the FatBoy do vary ,your not the first person to slate the famous Fatboy.
Three shaves seems a bit early , I'd definitely crank the setting higher than 4 and experiment a bit
If you decide to get rid of it there usually plenty of takers ,though I'd hold on to it and give it a try after a few months ,
sometimes these things just click.

Doubt if anyone will be too offended by your honest views m8. I believe that most of us have found over the years that what is a gr8 piece of equipment for one person just plain sucks like a lemon for someone else. If it doesn't suit you, then at least you've tried rather than accepting something on hearsay, and you'll not have any probs passing it on to one of the many users who like them.
JohnnyO.

I've been after a Fatboy for ages :hungrig, and would happily pay a reasonable amount, though they usually sell on eBay for a little more than my budget :x . I'd advise persevering to be honest, though dialing it down to 2 or even 1, which is what I set my Slim on. Though I have a light beard :)

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3271</a><!-- l -->

Back
Top Bottom