Fao antdad

It's a funny place they either like you or don't, i got banned after all of nine posts and it was by nothing i posted on that forum neither.

Great for information for when you come unstuck they have pretty much everything covered there.

If you fancy a laugh have a look in the member lists. ;)

Best of the straight razor forum for information most certainly but i for one won't miss the members, lynn and gssixgun came across as decent guys, it's the mods you have to watch.

Well it really shocked me as im quite tame and it was quite an innocuous comment i made that got me served.
I don't think it was what i said more that the whole of b&b could see it and a good few members agreed, apparently there's a lot of bad blood between the owners of both forums.

I am thinking about re-registering and see if i can't quietly skulk around we'll see, b&b have some good straight shaving members that have helped me along so now i rarely need srp.

But anyway just be careful what you post there, they are always watching.

I found it a very helpful site during my early attempts at straight shaving. There is a lot of information there in the Wiki. I prefer the smaller scale of TSR but still pop in and out of other forums like many others here.

I was at the Classic Bike Show in Stafford yesterday and there were lots of junk/memorabilia/antique/etc dealers. I got chatting to one of them and he said that in the past year or two straight razors have shot up in price, where before you could hardly give them away. And this was unprompted by me, so I pricked up my ears but said nowt.

Interesting, though.

SRP's quite useful, but it's eminently lurkable. I show my face maybe once a week and make a point of saying nothing actionable. ShaveReady shows promise, but it's often deathly quiet - probably because most of the members are too busy honing. Nowhere else is remotely like here, which I put down to our shared cultural hinterland (Carry On films, mostly).

I don't think anyone on here would last five minutes on said forum....just found this 'There is a Zero Tolerance in this forum for anything close to innuendo. We are gentlemen and need to remember that please. Thanks guys!

-Rob
__________________' Rob's a senior moderator.

Pig Cat, why don't you join. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dare I ask what it is that these mods take offence to? I know B&B is generally against any ungentlemanly behaviour as well as C*******t Shaving mentions, but what could possibly get the goat of SRP mods? :?

OK, Sharon's pretty much answered my question. Maybe I should join, but I'm very busy here causing mayhem. It takes a lot of effort to post a sensible comment about shaving now and again. ;)

I don't even think there was any innuendo, I think maybe the mod doesn't know what exfoliate means, nor the person who posted the offending word, as it would include shaving.......or am I missing something?? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/ladies-corner/25342-shaving-bumps-below-belt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forum ... -belt.html</a><!-- m -->

Funnily enough it was sicboater that went and banned me seems he takes his role a little 'too' seriously.

Hey pigcat why don't you go and say hello to him, could have interesting results. :D

soapalchemist said:
I don't even think there was any innuendo, I think maybe the mod doesn't know what exfoliate means, nor the person who posted the offending word, as it would include shaving.......or am I missing something?? <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/ladies-corner/25342-shaving-bumps-below-belt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forum ... -belt.html</a><!-- m -->

I had definitely better not join that forum. A thread about girls getting sore when they shave their lady-gardens?! :shock: I would have got an instant ban after quipping, "I can give you some cream for that" or some such inanity!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom