Facelathering Tabula Rasa,video

I just made this video about how to facelather with one of the best shaving creams,Tabula Rasa
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjVge4WEGQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjVge4WEGQ</a><!-- w -->

Thanks, I'll have to give facelathering a go.

Can this be done with L'Occitane cade soap? I've always used a very thin consistency of lather to my face, never to father christmas standards. I'll have to experiment... :shave

Mockingbird said:
Thanks, I'll have to give facelathering a go.

Can this be done with L'Occitane cade soap? I've always used a very thin consistency of lather to my face, never to father christmas standards. I'll have to experiment... :shave
Thanks for the comments,gentlemen.Tabula Rasa is a outstanding shaving cream,worth every penny of its price,but I didnt want to make lather on my palm to be able to use it.
@Mockingbird:Cade is a nice soap and I find it easy to lather it,doing almost the same things that I show in the Tabula Rasa video:do you have really hard water where you live?

Mockingbird said:
Yeah, London has notoriously hard water.

I'll give it a shot with my simpsons duke 3.
Cade soap is more easy to lather than Cade cream,which I find terrible,a shadow of the soap,but thats my opinion.
Let us know if you get any success using the Duke 3.

Brilliant. I think I'm a facelathering convert.

I've avoided the father christmas lather because I just went by the advice of lathering in paintbrush strokes up and down.
Lathering with circular movements definitely creates a thicker consistency. :shave

Mockingbird said:
Brilliant. I think I'm a facelathering convert.

I've avoided the father christmas lather because I just went by the advice of lathering in paintbrush strokes up and down.
Lathering with circular movements definitely creates a thicker consistency. :shave
Did you use the Cade soap?

Yup, cade soap and duke 3 best.

Still have to play around with how much water to add, but it produced fantastic results.

My "shaving lather bowl" can safely go back to the kitchen after a wash :D

Mockingbird said:
Yup, cade soap and duke 3 best.

Still have to play around with how much water to add, but it produced fantastic results.

My "shaving lather bowl" can safely go back to the kitchen after a wash :D
Great! :D Glad to hear that you enjoy facelathering and Cade soap.I want to get a Simpsons,and I was thinking on a Duke 3,but maybe Ill get a Duke 1 or Berkeley.How do you like your Duke 3?

I'm 'relatively' new to wet-shaving so I just went with online reviews for brushes. The duke's my only brush so I don't have nearly as much experience as some of the guys on here, but it definitely feels like a quality brush, comfortable and holds loads of water and lather.

My only criticism would be the rubber like stuff inside the handle lettering. After a few uses I found it would slightly jump out, so I just took a pin to it, removed all the rubber and forgot about it.

Just looking for a travel tube for it now :D

Back
Top Bottom