Everything was fine until...

Wait till you get to enjoy (manually inserted!) bowel management systems, catheters and drainage bags; tack on an NJ tube, a Hickman line, a central line and a touch of dyalisis...full life support - now that's what I call taking care of business. I'm on a nostalgia trip, sorry.

:lol:

You'll be fine young man, give it a couple of weeks and you'll be laughing at this!

Blyth Spirit said:
:lol:

You'll be fine young man, give it a couple of weeks and you'll be laughing at this!

You're right but what has upset me more is how the nurse kept on referring to the "drainage" as "toffee" thats gona and spoiled toffee for me now.

4 times a day for the next week. Apparently this, along with a surgical dressing, will heal an abcess.

dailypills.jpg

Yum :?

hunnymonster said:
Think yourself lucky you're not in France, they'd all be suppositories (they're obsessed with them)

Yea so I've heard.

"Ah but Doctor I have a headache"
"Stick this up yer arse and ye'll feel better"

I remember reading somewhere that up the "wrong way" is the quickest way for anything to be absorbed into the bloodstream without an injection.......*titter*

soapalchemist said:
Can't they use local anaesthetic for these things?? I had a 'fatty deposit' in my abdomen some years back. It was like a hard lump under the surface with a tiny blackhead top. They removed it in hospital with local anaesthetic, and no pain was felt.

Sadly local anaesthetics don't work in a low pH environment. ie They're no use in abscesses. You can spray them with ethyl chloride and lance them but you can't use standard local anaesthetics. :(

Paul_D said:
soapalchemist said:
Can't they use local anaesthetic for these things?? I had a 'fatty deposit' in my abdomen some years back. It was like a hard lump under the surface with a tiny blackhead top. They removed it in hospital with local anaesthetic, and no pain was felt.

Sadly local anaesthetics don't work in a low pH environment. ie They're no use in abscesses. You can spray them with ethyl chloride and lance them but you can't use standard local anaesthetics. :(

Well, you learn something new every day. I'm hopeless with pain, so sincerely hope I neve get one of these dastardly sounding abcess thingeys.

Back
Top Bottom