Ever Ready Streamline - value?

Dax

Can anyone give me a ball park idea of the value of an Ever Ready Streamline SE razor? I haven't seen another come up for sale and just have no idea of it's worth. As such, don't quite know what to do with it.

Attachments

• IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 91
Dax said:
Can anyone give me a ball park idea of the value of an Ever Ready Streamline SE razor? I haven't seen another come up for sale and just have no idea of it's worth. As such, don't quite know what to do with it.

The true value of anything is only the price which a seller and a buyer agree. Streamlines seem to attract higher prices than many SE razors. I guess that's down to a combination of rarity and how sought after they are.

I'd second antdad - shave with it. You might like it. If not you can always put it up for auction. Currently Streamlines in good condition are going well, but each new auction is a unique event.

All the best

Jon

Dax said:
Can anyone give me a ball park idea of the value of an Ever Ready Streamline SE razor? I don't quite know what to do with it.

Good thing you asked the forum for advice,

First of all, whatever you do, keep that damn thing away from your face!! Heh, those guys who suggested using it were just having a little fun with you.

Look at how goofy they are designed.......all SE razors in general I mean. The hell, it's like shaving with a silver tray or something. No way of actually seeing where the hell the blade's going over...just kinda guessing with a fairly sharp blade waltzing around.

Yeah, fairly sharp is as good as you'll find for blades. Don't forget, the main purpose of those blades is scraping paint off windows and such. Heh, they're really not meant for human consumption.

Did I mention how dumb SE razors look? Oh, I see that I did.......ok then.

Now there's a few degenerates here who will use a SE of some kind. Nice enough people, but flawed. Do not become one of those guys who we mock when they're offline.

I hope my warning comes in time,

Martin

Yeah...take no notice of Martina he's erm in transition and likes to do four passes with a cracker and cheese but even that combo can be a bit sharp for his new lady bits.

The streamline is actually one of my least favorite SE's but these hoe type razors are probably the most ergonomic shaving instruments you can use but you never know until you try.

I have tried it, and tried it and my face always end up a bit :mad:
I think I must just be too heavy handed for the right techinique (regardless of what technique I try).
I can use the 1912 no problem but I am a DE man I'm afraid.
I love my Rocket (among others) but it is a litte more brass than plate now so I intend to look about for a better version.
As such the Streamline is only ever going to sit at the back of the draw unloved and unwanted.

If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands :)

Seriously though if it doesn't get used, put it on ebay, you are pretty much guaranteed to get a good price going by how many times I've been outbid trying to acquire one of these...

I forgot to bid on a lot on ebay - 2 x Boxed 1912's and one unboxed Streamline. It went for £38 for the three. Loads of 1912's around so work out how much they are going for and deduct from above - bob's your uncle! As was said it depends on the day - I've seen a razor fetch silly money one day then an identical model reach nowhere near the first one on another day.

dodgy said:
Dax said:
Can anyone give me a ball park idea of the value of an Ever Ready Streamline SE razor? I don't quite know what to do with it.

First of all, whatever you do, keep that damn thing away from your face!! Heh, those guys who suggested using it were just having a little fun with you.

Look at how goofy they are designed.......all SE razors in general I mean. The hell, it's like shaving with a silver tray or something. No way of actually seeing where the hell the blade's going over...just kinda guessing with a fairly sharp blade waltzing around.

Yeah, fairly sharp is as good as you'll find for blades. Don't forget, the main purpose of those blades is scraping paint off windows and such. Heh, they're really not meant for human consumption.

Now there's a few degenerates here who will use a SE of some kind. Nice enough people, but flawed. Do not become one of those guys who we mock when they're offline.

Martin

Not every one can do it!

I've been following Streamlines on Ebay recently and, as already pointed out, their prices vary tremendously. The bigger boxed set including stropping machine and strop are the most expensive at about £80 with some going as high as £100. The individual razors in boxes (sometimes badged as Ambassador) can get up to £50 but I missed one that went for £10! Individual razors without a box are in the £20 - £30 bracket.

It seems that some Streamlines slip under the radar because they are not named properly when advertised - i.e. just listed as Ever Ready. There is a strong interest from the USA so, if you're selling make sure you list it as an Ever Ready Streamline and include other countries where you are prepared to sell.

YorkNeil said:
I forgot to bid on a lot on ebay - 2 x Boxed 1912's and one unboxed Streamline. It went for £38 for the three. Loads of 1912's around so work out how much they are going for and deduct from above - bob's your uncle! As was said it depends on the day - I've seen a razor fetch silly money one day then an identical model reach nowhere near the first one on another day.

dodgy said:
Dax said:

Martin

Not every one can do it!

The ticket to Martin is to blatantly lie about your shave, more so with a SE we all know what he's like if you give him some ammo he will use it and all that, misinformation, that way if he is talking about you and he's swallowed some grade A bullshit you get to laugh at him.

Cough, Cobra, Cough, Cough.

The ticket to Martin is to blatantly lie about your shave, more so with a SE we all know what he's like if you give him some ammo he will use it and all that, misinformation, that way if he is talking about you and you swallowed some grade A bullshit he gets to laugh at you.

[/quote]

John John John, it's not about lying or telling the truth. We are talking salesmanship here! Saying things with conviction's the name of the game. Sometimes the truth gets in there and sometimes it don't. Depends on the agenda du jour. Far as ammo goes, the SE provides PLENTY.

So maybe a good bit of what I type is total bullshit and I really mean something different from what I'm saying. Possibly lots of posts are.....'somewhat incorrect and lacking in truth' on occasion. Is that so wrong? Nah, of course not. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRhJt3PLdUE

Marty

Oh, I fixed the last part of your post. You are welcome.

dodgy said:

The ticket to Martin is to blatantly lie about your shave, more so with a SE we all know what he's like if you give him some ammo he will use it and all that, misinformation, that way if he is talking about you and you swallowed some grade A bullshit he gets to laugh at you.

John John John, it's not about lying or telling the truth. We are talking salesmanship here! Saying things with conviction's the name of the game. Sometimes the truth gets in there and sometimes it don't. Depends on the agenda du jour. Far as ammo goes, the SE provides PLENTY.

So maybe a good bit of what I type is total bullshit and I really mean something different from what I'm saying. Possibly lots of posts are.....'somewhat incorrect and lacking in truth' on occasion. Is that so wrong? Nah, of course not. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRhJt3PLdUE

Marty

Oh, I fixed the last part of your post. You are welcome.
[/quote]

LOL As sailsmanship goes Marty you are most defiantly smooth, you could sell a donkey his own legs back( after you chopped them off) I wouldn't say that people in TSR would lie,possibly lacking some parts a small way but they are among the most honist people I've ever met.

PS leve my typing alone you, you, you, dodgy little man you!!!

Greetings

I'm with antdad in that my Streamline out of all my SE's is the SE that I like the least to shave with, but the most for looks.

As a shaver I think they are greatly overrated and not as good as a 1912 which can be picked up every week on e-bay for £4.99. Having said that I would not part with mine but I can provide you with no sensible reason why that is the case.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom