Etiquette question - 'Jacket and tie'.

I am with you and a couple of others Nanny. I wear what I want and if you don't like it.............tough sh!t
My wife hates going out with me or shopping etc as I dress like a tramp, but to me if someone wants to base me as a person by the clothes I wear then I don't think I want to know them. I have turned up to funerals in jeans and t shirt, and weddings in kilt and muckle boots, none of which make me less respectful. I know this doesn't help the OP much, but don't get too hung up on it. Wear whatever you want as long as it is reasonably smart but more importantly comfortable. At least that way you know you will have people talking about you :)

Soup Dragon said:
If the dress code for a formal lunch is 'jacket and tie', as opposed to 'lounge suits' does that mean definitely not a suit?

No - it just means that your hosts do not know how to issue an invitation.
I should seek clarification if I were you.

SirPrize said:
Soup Dragon said:
If the dress code for a formal lunch is 'jacket and tie', as opposed to 'lounge suits' does that mean definitely not a suit?

No - it just means that your hosts do not know how to issue an invitation.
I should seek clarification if I were you.

Elegantly and succinctly expressed (as always) by SirP.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

The combination of the jacket and the tie is looks very professional and if the color combination is decent is looks very nice.

*** MODERATOR EDITED ***
Signature Removed and Ban Hammer Bashed !!
Nice Try, but don't join up just to advertise your Adult Onesie (whatever Next !!!)

Odisleavy said:
The combination of the jacket and the tie is looks very professional and if the color combination is decent is looks very nice.

Would one wear a tie with one of your onsies :icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom