EJ DE89L or Muhle R89 ??

Agree with JohnnyO
Have had the muhle about a week now and much prefer it to my Merkur HD

can't comment on the DE89L but i did have a look at both and went for the muhle as it seemed to
have a better grip,
According to the wife i have cluts syndrome a hereditry illness that manifests itself in dropping everything i hold
sadly i would still probably drop a razor even if it was superglued to my hand :(

I have a smooth chrome EJ DE89 and a smooth chrome Futur. Having read this thread I made a mental note while shaving this morning as I was not sure if I dried my hands as a matter of habit when I handle the razor.

The answer: No I have wet hands and a wet razor, I have no problem with grip unless I have soapy hands, in which case I reckon even a knurled handle would still be slippery. YMMV

I have an EJ DE89L, with the faux ivory handle. It is my favourite razor. I also have the Muhle R89, but I had a mishap with it: I dropped it on the floor and the handle bended. It seems to be hollow, so it bends easily apparently. So in my opinion the EJ is better value.

thanks for your help guys, i have mailed Bobs Razor Works USA and if one of his Bull Mastiff Handles fits the EJ, i think i will order one, made of Stainless Steel with plenty of grip..

sunburyboy93 said:
thanks for your help guys, i have mailed Bobs Razor Works USA and if one of his Bull Mastiff Handles fits the EJ, i think i will order one, made of Stainless Steel with plenty of grip..

I got an orginal bull mastiff handle from bob, they are bloody heavy handles! They do fit the EJ heads (metric threads). I think mine is solid brass with a nickel plate, the EJ head is chrome, so it is kinda 2 tone which might not be for everyone. I do like his anodised handles, and I think they are a bit lighter than the orginal Bull. Hope that helps, in some way

Well i have been using the EJ DE89L now for a few days,......................all i can say is WOW ! :shave :shave :D :D

Such a nice Razor, Lovely feel to it, weight is just right, and with a Jewell Blade or a Gillette Bleue i have had fantasic
shaves.....really comfortable.

I think the Vintage Razors are nice, and very nice to look at, but i have yet to shave with one that is equal to this baby !

So Gentleman, if you dont have one, i highly recommend you get one.....just stop reading this NOW ! AND GO ORDER ONE !!!!!

Steve :) :)

sunburyboy93 said:
ell i have been using the EJ DE89L now for a few days,......................all i can say is WOW ! :shave :shave :D :D

[...] and with a Jewell Blade or a Gillette Bleue i have had fantasic

I think the Vintage Razors are nice, and very nice to look at, but i have yet to shave with one that is equal to this baby !

I think they are the dog's heyhows with a Red IP in them too...enjoy!

Blyth Spirit said:
sunburyboy93 said:
ell i have been using the EJ DE89L now for a few days,......................all i can say is WOW ! :shave :shave :D :D

[...] and with a Jewell Blade or a Gillette Bleue i have had fantasic

I think they are the dog's heyhows with a Red IP in them too...enjoy!

It was that good, everytime i go in the bathroom and see the Razor sitting there, i start to get emotional !! :lol: :lol:

But yeah....fantastic !

Steve

Yep, EJ89 is ace. It's been great with Bic blades recently. It's also been great with Derbys. Come to think of it whatever blade I stick in there it shaves like a dream. I need to get my hands on some Merkurs to see how it manages with them. Haven't tried the Muhle, but don't want to now that I have my brilliant EJ. :shave

As long as you are pleased with it, that's what counts SunBury. It's always nice when something turns out to be maybe even better than you had any right to expect. Hope you have many happy years with it.

JohnnyO.

The EJ89L now comes with a barley chrome handle as well, a bit like the Chatsworth Barley. So that would give grip. The pattern is probably finer than the Muhle handle.

Back
Top Bottom