EJ DE89L or Muhle R89 ??

Hello peeps,

been off the Forum for a few months as i have been in and out of hospital but it's nice to at last be back.....so it gives me great pleasure to say hello to you all again and hope that this is still the friendly helpfull and funny place that i remember... :D :) :lol:

now then let me start my first new thread by asking a quick question:

i have just ordered an Edwin Jagger DE89L from "The Gentlemans Shop" in Hungerford using the 10% discount on here (Thank You Very Much)
0b67210c-c692-dcb5-1230-53b33f89b061.jpg

Now i have just read some people find the handle to be a little slippy when wet, and that the Muhle R89 is a better razor with better grip ?, i know it's the same Head on both but does anybody on here have both to be able to comment about which has the better handle ?

253.jpg

I have the DE89 in the smooth chrome finish not the lined one you have pictured. I generally dry my hands before picking it up but it has slipped the odd time but only whilst turning it over to use the other side.

Today I took delivery of my Merkur 38C Barber Pole razor which has a handle with a similar finish to the Muhle you show but twists around the handle. I have only shaved with it once but find it to be better grip wise especially when turning.

Hope that helps

I've got an EJ 89L and a Muhle R41 OC. Both are very good razors. As to the grip they are both stable in action and provide a sure grip even when wet/soapy.

Either would be a good aquisition. I need to start interchanging the heads and handles over the next couple of weeks; that will give me a feel for an unofficial EJ 41L I guess?

Anyway, welcome back Sunbury; good to hear from you again! I hope that all is well with you now. ;)

Blyth Spirit said:
I've got an EJ 89L and a Muhle R41 OC. Both are very good razors. As to the grip they are both stable in action and provide a sure grip even when wet/soapy.

Either would be a good aquisition. I need to start interchanging the heads and handles over the next couple of weeks; that will give me a feel for an unofficial EJ 41L I guess?

Anyway, welcome back Sunbury; good to hear from you again! I hope that all is well with you now. ;)

Yeah thanks mate, long (boring) story but all good now ;)

steve

Thanks for the info Chaps, i think i am gonna have the Muhle as well, as both are really nice looking razors...

but wait...........if i get the two, i will need a nice new stand for them :D , and maybe a new brush to compliment them :D ......and then......oh god make it stop !!! :shock:

sonny said:
lol I just ended up dropping mine too many times. I'm sure you'll be more careful than me!

i would be devastated if i dropped it, i like everything i own to be kept in mint condition, my girlfriend swears i have O.C.D !! i have an Iphone and if i see just one molecule of dirt on that nice glass screen then out comes the cleaning cloth, last count was thirteen times in one day :eek: :shock:

She said my shaving gear is kept like a bloody shrine in the bathroom !!!! :lol: :lol:

nice shiny chrome Razors.......i dread to think :(

Not sure about the EJ, not having used one, however I got a Muhle 89 some 12 weeks or so ago. It replaced my Merkur slant & has fast become my regular daily razor of choice. It's beautifully balanced and finished and the hatching on the handle is really deep and coarse affording a good grip. Whichever you go for I'm sure you'll enjoy using .

JohnnyO.

Back
Top Bottom