Eco Warrior Shave Soap Offer

Is it any good? As in does it produce a shave experience that folks like us appreciate? Genuinely curious and hovering over a buy.

It is good to see the use of rapeseed oil so prevalently in this soap. I've been quite stunned at how good a rapeseed oil soap is for skin, having been using a rapeseed oil based soap pre-shave for a couple of months (or more) now. I recently managed to find a rapeseed-based shaving soap which I am also enjoying.

Rapeseed oil is very skin-friendly: https://foryourmassageneeds.com/rapeseed-oil-benefits-skin-health/ ... and for a British made product with ethics, it makes for a prefect alternative to, say, palm oil or coconut oil, both of which have to be brough from elsewhere in the world. While palm oil may be gleaned from sustainable sources, we should still question that definition of sustainable; likewise, consider that once we all switch over to cocounut oil for literally everything from soaps to cooking, there will be an environmental cost there.

I like the "keep it local" approach.

Is it any good? As in does it produce a shave experience that folks like us appreciate? Genuinely curious and hovering over a buy.

It is good to see the use of rapeseed oil so prevalently in this soap. I've been quite stunned at how good a rapeseed oil soap is for skin, having been using a rapeseed oil based soap pre-shave for a couple of months (or more) now. I recently managed to find a rapeseed-based shaving soap which I am also enjoying.

Rapeseed oil is very skin-friendly: https://foryourmassageneeds.com/rapeseed-oil-benefits-skin-health/ ... and for a British made product with ethics, it makes for a prefect alternative to, say, palm oil or coconut oil, both of which have to be brough from elsewhere in the world. While palm oil may be gleaned from sustainable sources, we should still question that definition of sustainable; likewise, consider that once we all switch over to cocounut oil for literally everything from soaps to cooking, there will be an environmental cost there.

I like the "keep it local" approach.
Use rapeseed oil for your curries Paul, the cheap vegetable oil from supermarkets is often UK grown rapeseed.

Just had my first Eco Warrior shave.

I face-lathered, applying a liberal amount of soap and then adding water a little at a time. Felt reasonably slick. Took a fair amount of water before it started getting sloppy. Time to whip it up. I got a fine, creamy lather and looked like I'd taken a custard pie. After a first pass there was decent residual slickness if you wetted your fingers and rubbed them around.

Not sure if I've tried enough soaps to really judge its place in the hierarchy but it's definitely slick enough to shave with and lathers well enough to make custard pies.

I was looking forward to a refreshing blast of lime/bergamot but the scent is so subtle it's almost non-existent. Shame. More stink please! For packaging the bars are simply popped in a cardboard box. No plastic wrapping (I guess as you'd expect from an Eco brand). Perhaps they're losing a lot of their scent in storage.

Eco Warrior piqued my interest because of the lime scent and because it looked like good value. At least it is good value even at the normal price of £4 per 100g. A stronger, bright, lime scent could have made it so much more...

Get stocked up on the old formula while it's still available. They sent me 2 new formulas to try and they aren't a patch on the one that's available.

They told me that they were going ahead with the newer formula and stopping producing the older one. Probably a cheaper formula to make. It's going to go from being a good useable shave bar to one of those airy, dissipating lather. Shame really as I enjoy this soap, something a wee bit different.

Back
Top Bottom