Eco Warrior Shave Soap Offer

That really is a great pity @Kevy as they have a real gem here! I despair that mainstream offerings are either canned whipped foam or so-called shaving bars that are exactly as you descibe their new formula - light, airy and dissipates quickly, as if lost of suds equates to a good lather. Noooooo!

Why don't these companies actually listen to proper shavers?

Get stocked up on the old formula while it's still available. They sent me 2 new formulas to try and they aren't a patch on the one that's available.

They told me that they were going ahead with the newer formula and stopping producing the older one. Probably a cheaper formula to make. It's going to go from being a good useable shave bar to one of those airy, dissipating lather. Shame really as I enjoy this soap, something a wee bit different.

How do you tell the difference between the new and old formulas by the ingredients lists?

How do you tell the difference between the new and old formulas by the ingredients lists?
They sent me two "pieces" of the new formulas but they didn't list any ingredients other than to say the new base is coconut based.
I replied telling them that the new bas wasn't nearly as good as the old base but they said they were still going ahead with the new formula.
Shame. I've just bought two of the old bars from Boots.

They sent me two "pieces" of the new formulas but they didn't list any ingredients other than to say the new base is coconut based.
I replied telling them that the new bas wasn't nearly as good as the old base but they said they were still going ahead with the new formula.
Shame. I've just bought two of the old bars from Boots.

Thanks for the info Kevy,

From having a look at supermarket shelves and hearing about shortages of other things (like rapeseed oil, one of the ingredients) I imagine they might have problems obtaining the ingredients for the current formulation.

I'll take suggestions of the impending reformulation to get a bar from Boots in the meantime though...

Amazon have dropped their price to £3.10 . With my free delivery that's pretty good. I have ordered some more.....so they can do whatever they want........ I am sorted. Very selfish attitude I am afraid:(

Any news on a re-reformulation? Amazon lists rapeseed in the ingredients, but the manufacturor's own website lists coconut first (as does the image of the back of the cardboard box on Amazon).

Is anyone still (happily) using this stuff?
If you don't see tallow or stearic acid on the list, it's quite likely an ordinary non-shaving soap bar.

Any news on a re-reformulation? Amazon lists rapeseed in the ingredients, but the manufacturor's own website lists coconut first (as does the image of the back of the cardboard box on Amazon).

Is anyone still (happily) using this stuff?

Trued some a few months back. Threw it away. I've never done that with a Soap before (or since).

Useless.

Just about to finish a bar of the lime version. Probably 10 shaves left.
Had it a while, can't remember which version it is. Decent enough soap.

Uming and ahing about whether to buy the Patchouli version.

Picked up 4 bars of the original formulation (potassium stearate being the lead ingredient) for £1 each on the clearance shelf in my local Boots at the weekend.

2 bars of the re-formulated version stayed put

For the ingredients spotters, the differences are:

Original < Good
Potassium Stearate (derived from Rapeseed Oil), Sodium Stearate (derived from Rapeseed Oil), Potassium Palm Kernelate* (derived from sustainable Palm Kernel Oil), Sodium Palm Kernelate* (derived from sustainable Palm Kernel Oil), Aqua (water), Glycerin (derive from Rapeseed Oil, sustainable Palm Oil* and Palm Kernel Oil*), Parfum (a blend made from pure essential oils including bergamot, lime, patchouli and gum rock rose), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Coconut Acid, Limonene**, Potassium Cocoate (derived from Coconut Oil), Sodium Cocoate (derived from Coconut Oil), Potassium Palmate* (derived from sustainable Palm Oil), Sodium Palmate* (derived from sustainable Palm Oil), Tetrasodium Etidronate (prevents changes in texture and fragrance), Pentasodium Pentetate (prevents changes in texture and fragrance), Linalool** (**allergen – naturally occurring within the essential oils)

Reformulation - Begamot & Lime < Poor
Sodium Cocoate (derived from Coconut Oil), Aqua (Water), Glycerin* (derived from sustainable Palm Oil), Coconut Acid, Parfum (a blend made from pure essential oils including bergamot, lime, patchouli and gum rock rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Tetrasodium Etidronate (prevents changes in texture and fragrance), Pentasodium Pentetate (prevents changes in texture and fragrance), Capryl/Capramidopropyl Betaine, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Linalool**, Limonene** (**allergen – naturally occurring within the essential oils)

Reformulation - Cedar & Patchouli < Poor
Sodium Cocoate (derived from Coconut Oil), Aqua (Water), Glycerin* (derived from sustainable Palm Oil), Coconut Acid, Parfum (a blend made from pure essential oils including Birch Tar, Cedarwood & Patchouli), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Tetrasodium Etidronate (prevents changes in texture and fragrance), Pentasodium Pentetate (prevents changes in texture and fragrance), Capryl/Capramidopropyl Betaine, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Citral**, Limonene**, Linalool** (**allergen – naturally occurring within the essential oils)

Damn shame as I absolutely love birch tar and there's not enough shaving soaps with it in.

... and I'll just put this ingredient list here as well, which (if you remove all the stuff above in brackets) bears considerable resemblance:
Sodium Cocoate, Aqua, Glycerin, Coconut Acid, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetate, Capry/Capramidopropyl Benaine, Paraffinium Liquidium, Zea Mays Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyle Benzoate,Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, CI 77891

Whose soap is this? Culmak < current formula - see: http://www.culmak.co.uk/productinfo.html

Back
Top Bottom