Do I need another brush?

I've taken to shaving twice a day most days. When I do my evening shave my brush often hasn't completely dried....should I buy another and alternate?...does it matter to the bristles if they don't totally dry between shaves(are don't they care either way?( maybe they discuss this when I am out and are upset with me about it)

It's a good idea to have more than one brush, especially in your situation shaving twice a day. Brushes don't like being constantly wet or damp - the hairs can rot and moisture can, over time, degrade the epoxy joint between the knot and handle.

chrisbell said:
It's a good idea to have more than one brush, especially in your situation shaving twice a day. Brushes don't like being constantly wet or damp - the hairs can rot and moisture can, over time, degrade the epoxy joint between the knot and handle.

Thanks Chris......that was the answer I wanted :)

You actually do not Need 4 brushes but once you have a couple you may think you Need 4 brushes. Need and Need can be two different things in this context, a bit like do I Need another soap,razor A/Shave etc.
All will become clear in a few weeks time :icon_razz::icon_razz:
Regards,
Pete

If I'm driving my car, I have a rule. If I think "do I need to turn my lights on" I turn my lights on. (I am aware that some cars have auto lights, but if you NEED auto lights you really should have your licence taken away).

If I'm going out and think "do I need a pee before I go" I go for a pee.

I'm sure that you can see where this is going.

Ian

Shaving brushes are like plants in the garden.:icon_rolleyes:
You never plant in even numbers so I would recommend 5 or 7 brushes.:icon_razz:
Yours sincerely
beejay ( horticulturist and brush maker)

I need another brush to stop my one getting lonely. It's just a question of what brush to get, or more to the point, which of our marvellous brush makers are going to tempt me the most.

It doesn't have to be expensive. Try different kinds of hair. Boar from your druggist or discount sore are fine. Horse from Turkey are under10$ Us are fine. And try eBay search 'Shaving Brushes' you can pick up nice badger brushes for~10$us.
3 for under 30$ and you have different types to try.

You'll be fine with one, and you'll be fine with several hundred. I wouldn't worry about it.

And to be honest, if one of your major concerns in life is how damaging residual moisture is on your shaving brush then I'd love to know your secret.

Anyway, I'm off to dry my brush with a thermal ionic hairdryer and get it back in to it's hermetically sealed box.

Back
Top Bottom