Derbys Cr*p - OFFICAL

When I was in the UK last July I picked up a few random packs of blades as samplers. At the moment I am trying the 7 o'clock yellows, but when I went to change blades this morning there were only 2 left. Strange I thought, should be more than that, says 5+1 on the box.

I then discovered SWMBO on the balcony, doing a manicure with a DE blade, tell-tell yellow wrapper on the table in front off her. I wouldn't mind, but there is a stick of nearly 100 unused Derby blades in the bathroom. On (gently :? ) enquiring why she didn't use these I received the reply ' Because they're cr*p'.

So there you are - its offical. :D

bazwalk said:
When I was in the UK last July I picked up a few random packs of blades as samplers. At the moment I am trying the 7 o'clock yellows, but when I went to change blades this morning there were only 2 left. Strange I thought, should be more than that, says 5+1 on the box.

I then discovered SWMBO on the balcony, doing a manicure with a DE blade, tell-tell yellow wrapper on the table in front off her. I wouldn't mind, but there is a stick of nearly 100 unused Derby blades in the bathroom. On (gently :? ) enquiring why she didn't use these I received the reply ' Because they're cr*p'.

So there you are - its offical. :D

well you can't argue with that mate...........well you wouldn't if you know what's good for ya !!! :lol: :lol:

always agree........ALWAYS....NO MATTER WHAT !! ;)

They are mince aren't they! Almost as bad as Merkurs. Both of these are as sharp as sausages.

Friend if mine went for a shave at Turkish barbers where they used Derby's. He came out raving how good the shave was, how smooth and pain free. :shock: :shock:

Cheers

rangers62 said:
They are mince aren't they! Almost as bad as Merkurs. Both of these are as sharp as sausages.

Friend if mine went for a shave at Turkish barbers where they used Derby's. He came out raving how good the shave was, how smooth and pain free. :shock: :shock:

Cheers

Workman, tools. Nuff said.

They're alright, better than alten rostigen Bohnendosen (aka Merkur) but there are significantly better blades available.

Well, as a relatively novice DE shaver (since April this year), I'm not really in a position to pass judgement, but - and coming to the end of my introductory stash of blades (mainly Yellow 7's, Personas, and enough Iridium Supers for me to know they're worth re-ordering in bulk) - i had a pack of 5 Derbys that needed to be tried.

Now, as said I'm no expert, but I've got my technique pretty good now, and have a DE shave every 1.5 days (monday evening, wednesday morning, thursday evening - you get the idea).

I popped the Derby on my Merkur 38C just now, and it looked the part.

First pass seemed to 'politely' nudge the stubble, without causing much harm to it.
It didn't 'glide' across the face, more of a 'massage' really (?).

Then i noticed the slowly weeping red dots on my face.

Thankfully, I've got a styptic pencil (i'd forgotten how satisfying the sting of styptic was actually!)

I also need to shave again in the morning - the Derby has actually left stubble on my face after 2 passes. Hopefully the postman will deliver my Iridium's early tomorrow.

Impster

It's a good job we're all different, isn't it? Otherwise this place wouldn't exist.

Derby's work fine for me, either in my Futur or my EJ87. There are other blades which I prefer, given a choice, but as an everyday blade they provide a close, comfortable shave, and I'm happy to use them.

Regards

Ian

Back
Top Bottom