December 2020 Acquisitions

Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress cologne and Sandalwood Oil shaving cream. I really like the cologne, but I seem to recall not liking the scent of the cream in the past, and I have other sandalwood soaps and creams, so I'll probably just put it up for sale.
A5AdSGn.jpg

Not so long back, I broke my favourite boar brush - it was nothing special, just a cheapo Chinese banded boar and a cheapo handle, but it broke in straight away and just seemed to keep giving.

I popped onto our favourite Chinese marketplace and bought a nice long green handle. It arrived! Yay! Pretty quick, that. Alas, upon inspecting the knot, I find that it has also cracked into three. I could at a push fit it and carry on but it is going to disintegrate and explode pig hair all over my sink at the most inopportune moment and probaby gouge cracked glue knot into my face.

So, back to our favourite Chinese marketplace and I'm now awaiting the arrival of a snow white synthetic to fit to it.

Meanwhile, I found a really excellent boar brush (the hjm Professional) and that brush is most definitely now in the top slot for my "favourite piggy". Moral of the story? Don't cling to the past. Follow new paths.

Merry Tuesday, everyone :coffee:

Not so long back, I broke my favourite boar brush - it was nothing special, just a cheapo Chinese banded boar and a cheapo handle, but it broke in straight away and just seemed to keep giving.

I popped onto our favourite Chinese marketplace and bought a nice long green handle. It arrived! Yay! Pretty quick, that. Alas, upon inspecting the knot, I find that it has also cracked into three. I could at a push fit it and carry on but it is going to disintegrate and explode pig hair all over my sink at the most inopportune moment and probaby gouge cracked glue knot into my face.

So, back to our favourite Chinese marketplace and I'm now awaiting the arrival of a snow white synthetic to fit to it.

Meanwhile, I found a really excellent boar brush (the hjm Professional) and that brush is most definitely now in the top slot for my "favourite piggy". Moral of the story? Don't cling to the past. Follow new paths.

Merry Tuesday, everyone :coffee:
I would have glued the knot together and glued it in the handle and and been very pleased with a nice boar brush!

You got the moral wrong, it's; "Never buy a plastic brush when in need of a good boar." :p ;)

Back
Top Bottom