December 2016 acquisitions

Received the satin version of the RazoRock Hawk;
k9ucya.jpg

For comparison, here's the three models;
(Satin, Black, Chrome)
2u7y9vn.jpg

The difference between the satin and chrome models is very apparent in person but I found it hard to capture the difference in photos, here's two attempt though where the satin one is on the left;
282i45s.jpg

2q1eb6d.jpg

WHAT IS THIS??
Hello everyone, I bought this thing from the antiques fair, there was a straight razor, I bought that as well, seller didn't know what it is. I don't know either, as a matter of fact I got no clue, but I think it's cool. There are two coils or selonoids and two terminals and there are other two terminals and a switch.
It writes: No 22 A and under that,
100 OHMS
Does anyone knows what is it? What is it for?
Thanks a lot for looking.IMG_2979.JPGIMG_2978.JPGIMG_2977.JPGIMG_2977.JPG

WHAT IS THIS??
Hello everyone, I bought this thing from the antiques fair, there was a straight razor, I bought that as well, seller didn't know what it is. I don't know either, as a matter of fact I got no clue, but I think it's cool. There are two coils or selonoids and two terminals and there are other two terminals and a switch.
It writes: No 22 A and under that,
100 OHMS
Does anyone knows what is it? What is it for?
Thanks a lot for looking.View attachment 22716View attachment 22717View attachment 22718View attachment 22718
Is it a Morse code transmitter / receiver? Looks like it has a key to tap the message and solenoids for receiving the signal and tapping out the message. There seem to be adjustment screws to limit the movement from the solenoid.

Is it a Morse code transmitter / receiver? Looks like it has a key to tap the message and solenoids for receiving the signal and tapping out the message. There seem to be adjustment screws to limit the movement from the solenoid.
Hi fatcontroller, that is exactly what I and other people thought at the first look but it is not a key to tap, it is like an on/off switch key slides from side to side

Hi fatcontroller, that is exactly what I and other people thought at the first look but it is not a key to tap, it is like an on/off switch key slides from side to side

I think it is a Telegraph Relay.

You can see some similar ones here http://w1tp.com/im3000b.htm if you scroll down there is one (2582) that looks almost identical. I think the thing for tapping out the telegraph message is separate, and I am guessing the lever was to switch the telegraph line on and off, I know nothing about these but I had seen something similar once so a quick google for telegraph relays and western electric came up with the link.

Back
Top Bottom