December 2016 acquisitions

This package arrived yesterday...

60597d086f2fac8e3f9f1cd862298ac0.jpg

Main acquisition for 2016...my new Mervyn Cadman custom brush: 'The Greybeard' (OK, it's just a small conceit naming it that, but what the hell:))

I always wanted a chunky long-handled brush, so I've been in discussions with Mervyn over the last few months and sent him an initial sketch. Here's what the finished brush looks like...
1.jpg
Yup...it's definitely a bit of a monster, but feels absolutely superb and evokes that 'olde barbershop' style. The handle itself is 5" long and 1.5" wide. The knot is a 26mm 'TGN Finest'...personally I consider these the provide the best combination of softness with backbone of any knot.

2.jpg 3.jpg

And the certificate...

greybeard-cert.jpg

It's one of those things that may divide opinion, but I love it!;):):D
Thanks for a great job, Mervyn!
(Now all I need to do is get the bathroom door widened so I can get it in there)

Main acquisition for 2016...my new Mervyn Cadman custom brush: 'The Greybeard' (OK, it's just a small conceit naming it that, but what the hell:))

I always wanted a chunky long-handled brush, so I've been in discussions with Mervyn over the last few months and sent him an initial sketch. Here's what the finished brush looks like...
View attachment 22796
Yup...it's definitely a bit of a monster, but feels absolutely superb and evokes that 'olde barbershop' style. The handle itself is 5" long and 1.5" wide. The knot is a 26mm 'TGN Finest'...personally I consider these the provide the best combination of softness with backbone of any knot.

View attachment 22797 View attachment 22798

And the certificate...

View attachment 22799

(Now all I need to do is get the bathroom door widened so I can get it in there)
My my GB, you certainly have got a big one there...;). Very nice.

View attachment 22796

And the certificate...

View attachment 22799

Outstanding craftsmanship..superb.;)

View attachment 22796

And the certificate...

View attachment 22799

That looks great and like something Beetlejuice would use :)

View attachment 22796

And the certificate...

View attachment 22799

Blimey it is a bit of a beast... Looking forward to hearing what is like in use!

View attachment 22796

And the certificate...

View attachment 22799

I love that brush!
I'm sure you'll enjoy using that,
Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom