Death Of Tallow Sticks

I do lament the death of leaded petrol as I worked as a Process Operator at Associated Octel Company at Ellesmere Port in the TEL’s producing both Tetra Ethyl Lead and Tetra Methyl Lead during my fifteen years there I decommissioned two of the TEL buildings before I took the redundancy package back in 2000. If it was still going I would be retiring at my current age if 56 with a pension pot of £1.1 million! So will have to stay on the treadmill until 60 at least.

Very lovely Tabac lather! Would you happen to know how your W.German Tabac soap would compare to the most recent Tabac tallow soap or the latest non tallow Tabac?

Looking back, I wish I would have tried more tallow soap sticks sooner. To have found what I liked best and stockpiled those.

While I do have a good supply of Turkish tallow shave sticks. ( over 40 ) Arko, Jikoryen, Derby. I do miss not trying the Western European shave sticks more.

I only got to try Speick and have a few sticks of The Palmolive, that I have yet to try.

I just assumed that since those old tallow soaps/sticks had been around for a while. That when I finished up what I have. I would try them next.

I also got caught up in the US artisan soap craze while this was happening.

Last edited: