Death Of Tallow Sticks

Greetings everyone, newbie here, this is my first post! Tabac has been my grail for quite some time, so much so that I didn’t know it had been reformulated until I received a new order of 3 pucks and 2 sticks. Cautiously optimistic, I shaved with one of the sticks and sure enough, it lit my face up :-(

I’m gutted as it took a lot of trial and error to find a soap that didn’t irritate my skin, now I have to start all over again. I also have some Mitchell’s Wool Fat and while I can use it, it also irritates my face a bit. I just placed an order from Connaught for a puck of Cyril S Salter soap, I’m hoping this one will work for me…

Bummed in NE Ohio,

Steve

Greetings everyone, newbie here, this is my first post! Tabac has been my grail for quite some time, so much so that I didn’t know it had been reformulated until I received a new order of 3 pucks and 2 sticks. Cautiously optimistic, I shaved with one of the sticks and sure enough, it lit my face up :-(

I’m gutted as it took a lot of trial and error to find a soap that didn’t irritate my skin, now I have to start all over again. I also have some Mitchell’s Wool Fat and while I can use it, it also irritates my face a bit. I just placed an order from Connaught for a puck of Cyril S Salter soap, I’m hoping this one will work for me…

Bummed in NE Ohio,

Steve

A shame to hear the new one irritates your skin, I react to a lot of soaps as well. Have you tried the unscented Stirling soaps by chance?

I used the now extinct, tallow-based Wilkie Stick today. Absolutely fabulous. Tallow, glycerin & lanolin - provided you get the rest of the recipe right, this holy trinity provides sheer shaving joy.

I’ve got 4 or 5 but if I ever found more at affordable prices, I’d be fighting folk off with me walking stick. “Get back, get back I say! Foul beasts of demonic intentions. Yon Wilkie sticks are mine, all mine and you SHALL NOT PASS!!!”

Aye, they’re no three bad.

I used the now extinct, tallow-based Wilkie Stick today. Absolutely fabulous. Tallow, glycerin & lanolin - provided you get the rest of the recipe right, this holy trinity provides sheer shaving joy.

I’ve got 4 or 5 but if I ever found more at affordable prices, I’d be fighting folk off with me walking stick. “Get back, get back I say! Foul beasts of demonic intentions. Yon Wilkie sticks are mine, all mine and you SHALL NOT PASS!!!”

Aye, they’re no three bad.
A few months ago I visited a locally owned Pharmacy. They had stock so I cleared the lot!

Nah! We were using that ingredient in Yorkshire a century before someone else "invented" it.

g1PQ205.jpg

Reactions: PHR
Back
Top Bottom