DE Razor for Newbie

Hi Lee, welcome to the group. I got mine from these guys it works out about £28 delivered, but if you bump your order over £34.00 delivery is free. I got some blade samples to try as well they are fast on delivery and I have bought a couple of razors from them

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.traditionalshaving.co.uk</a><!-- w -->

Steve

Thanks for all your help guys,

I have gone ahead and purchased the Edwin Jagger DE89, will let you know how i get on (thats if i have enough energy after losing so much blood :) )

Lee

Lee, hope you enjoy your new razor. Remember as everyone on here will (probably) tell you, preparation is very important as it technique. Don't expect to get it right 1st time it took me over a month to get the results I wanted, but now I enjoy having a shave everyday rather than scraping the stubble off in the shower............ :lol:
Hope you ordered a styptic pencil (couple of quid from most chemists) or alum block because you will need one.
If you need any guidance there are loads of info on here and we are a very friendly bunch............sarcastic sometimes but friendly.......... :D
Let us know how it goes.
Steve

rykard said:

You could probably do with a Styptic Pencil (any chemist should have them cheep) for your first few goes as while not guaranteed, there's a chance you might pick up a minor nick.
You should have pretty much everything else you need lying around i.e After shave balm. There are other things we use like witch hazel / alum but those can be left till later tbh.

Just remember that probably the most important part of your shave is water - Hot and lots of it, re-wet your face before re-lathering every pass.

The rest of the stuff we use tbh is mostly luxury fluff. Not escential but makes the shave better and more enjoyable. - but you will want to get your technique down and confidence with the razor up before you start adding stuff.

Let us know how you get on!

Back
Top Bottom