Day versus Night shave

I'm up at 5.30 when I get into my cycling kit, get my multivits & supplements down my neck with a glass of fresh orange then out the door and cycling 10 miles to work. Hence I shave when I get home at night, just after I shower to wash the sweat off.

The sweat plus the strap on my cycling helmet would irritate the heck out of my freshly-shaved neck / jawline if I was to shave before cycling in the morning.

Both have their own advantages,for instance when I shave at night I can allow plenty of time,but on the other hand it won't look so smooth early morning on the way to work,with morning shave most of us are in a rush so the actual shave won't be BBS :?

I do both!

Quite often it will be Sunday evening, Tuesday morning, Wednesday evening, Friday Morning, Saturday Morning.

That's because I work Saturdays and have Wednesdays and Sundays off as such Monday is a no shave day.

Given that I see the reason for shaving is to look presentable, I like to shave first thing in a morning so that I look freshly shaved for most of the daylight hours.

When I was learning to shave with a DE, I would shave at night to give me more time, but once I got that sorted, I switched to mornings.

Ian

IanM said:
Given that I see the reason for shaving is to look presentable, I like to shave first thing in a morning so that I look freshsly shaved for most of the daylight hours.

When I was learning to shave with a DE, I would shave at night to give me more time, but once I got that sorted, I switched to mornings.

Ian

Same here.

SirPrize said:
RB73 said:
As well as in my profession it helps if you look like an ex-convict/bank robber... :roll:
How do you fancy your party's chances in the next election?

Since David decided to dance the short drop they have struggled, but you never know, stranger things have happened at sea.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.omrlp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.omrlp.com/</a><!-- m -->

Didn't realise there were were there were many night owls here.

N_Architect said:
I am surprised of how many people shave at night. Not only from the responses in this thread, as I've been reading quite a number of times in other places that people shave in evenings or night.

Doesn't it bother you that if you shave in the evening you'll wake up next am and may have at least some (even if minor) stubble growth? Nice thread, by the way, Ivan.

Thanks. I'll have to check the stubble growth at the end of the day ( reckon 10-15hrs? ) But rest assured this is only applicable to my Rolls not straights. The latter I don't have to shave for 2-2.5 days. I look forward to shaving daily so I've been putting my Rolls to work. This by no means replaces my straights however. I'm curious as to how many shaves I can get from both Rolls before honing again.

As far as straights though. I've been making use of mine for HSOTD. Gotta love the headshaves my friend.

IanM said:
Given that I see the reason for shaving is to look presentable, I like to shave first thing in a morning so that I look freshly shaved for most of the daylight hours.

Ian

Ian,

I did the same when I started with straights. My electric has outlived its usefulness to the point that regardless of charging it dies within seconds. Anyway, I was pretty much shaving my sides and sported a goatee. I'm just relieved I was able to pick up rather quickly because I didn't want to sport the goatee forever.

If I don't get chance to do so in morning it gets done during nightfall.

I should've made this thread into a poll
suicide.gif

evening for me (well.. night)

simply because, no matter what i do, or what i use, or how gentle i am... shaving just makes my skin go red and blotchy... i dont get cuts, and even though it doesnt feel like i have any irritation (no pain or rawness) my neckline always goes very red and angry looking. As a result, if i shave in the morning, thats how i look for hours.

If i do it the night before, my skin gets a chance to calm down to a normal level and look half way presentable.

for some reason, no matter what combination of products I use, my skin just doesnt like shaving :( regardless of blade choice, technique, angle, choice of cream or soap, i end up looking like someones attacked my neck with sandpaper.

Back
Top Bottom