Day versus Night shave

Every now and again I shave at night time. I have to admit it's rather nice and fact that there really isn't any pressure. Granted I always take my time but I don't take 20-30 minutes as I did in past.

Recently I found myself shaving nights again. Although only difference is I don't sport a cologne because I typically am off to bed. Reckon in the end regardless of whether you do so at night or morning the end result will be the same in that you are left feeling refreshed and clean.

What about you gentlemen?

When I used to try to get away with shaving in the evening the dark jowls in the morning used to encourage my supervisor to encouraging remarks such as, "Bulling our boots with a Mars bar tomorrow will it be ?"

JohnnyO. :shock:

Yeah, I find myself shaving late evening too (10-11pm), especially with my job being as it is. I find it a great way to relax and take some "me time" in the evening.
I just use ASB/AS, renewed in the morning with the rest.

It also means I can take my time, (I need a good 20 min for a shower & shave)

On my days off I shave whenever I feel like it. (but usually after my evening shower too)

FB.

Morning for me - I like going to work freshly shaved.

However, as lately I don't get enough time in the morning (during weekdays) I do shave in evenings occasionally.

I am surprised of how many people shave at night. Not only from the responses in this thread, as I've been reading quite a number of times in other places that people shave in evenings or night.

Doesn't it bother you that if you shave in the evening you'll wake up next am and may have at least some (even if minor) stubble growth? Nice thread, by the way, Ivan.

First thing in the morning for me and first thing in the afternoon shaving at the weekend. Weekday for me is the start of the day and that 15 minutes of peace that gets me in a nice frame of mind for the day ahead, I just zone out. No matter what shit lies ahead this is not a factor in the enjoyment of my shave (within reason). First thing in the afternoon is at the weekend and usually a few hours after I get up, before I go out for the day, again it is a nice peaceful experience and I enjoy leaving the house showered and shaved.

I sometimes shave in the evening if I have a really early start or flight to catch and I enjoy it just the same, maybe more because it is different. However no matter when I have my shave I usually come out of it a calmer man.

I am not pushed by time constraints in the working morning so I know it may not work for everyone but I think we all chase the same thing. A little time where you empty your head and just concentrate on nothing but the shave, it is this zen like experience that most cartridge shavers miss out on, especially as they view shaving as a chore. Shame but true.

N_Architect said:
I am surprised of how many people shave at night. Not only from the responses in this thread, as I've been reading quite a number of times in other places that people shave in evenings or night.

Doesn't it bother you that if you shave in the evening you'll wake up next am and may have at least some (even if minor) stubble growth? Nice thread, by the way, Ivan.

Mine doesn't grow that fast :oops: :oops: :oops: yeah im a softy southener, poof etc etc etc

sunburyboy93 said:
N_Architect said:

Mine doesn't grow that fast :oops: :oops: :oops: yeah im a softy southener, poof etc etc etc

A man's gotta know his limitations - Harry Callaghan ;)

A shave every morning - it's a discipline thing, then 3 or 4 evening shaves a week (to burn through product :shock: )

sunburyboy93 said:
N_Architect said:

A man's gotta know his limitations - Harry Callaghan ;)

A shave every morning - it's a discipline thing, then 3 or 4 evening shaves a week (to burn through product :shock: )

depends on my shifts

if i'm on earlys - night before
backshift - 10ish
nights - teatime

i'm sure i remember that it's not good to shave first thing in the morning as your skin is still relaxed from sleeping
:? apparantly that's not ideal

hando said:
depends on my shifts

if i'm on earlys - night before
backshift - 10ish
nights - teatime

i'm sure i remember that it's not good to shave first thing in the morning as your skin is still relaxed from sleeping
:? apparantly that's not ideal

Read that one too. Wait until you've had breakfast, shower etc. Suppose it makes sense as your fizzer is usually 'puffy' in the am.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom