Damn you Windows update!

[Rant] Spent several hours yesterday trying to resolve a problem which happened when windows decided to update Windows Live Mail, with Windows essentials.

It doesn't work any more, I can't install it the system hangs/crashes at 41% and I can't restore to a previous version/restore point. Having spent about 4 hours and even checked the disk for bad sectors etc just on case it was happening to install over a bad bit I've given up and am setting everything up on Thunderbird instead! (Thunderbird is a lot more impressive than the last time I tried it, so a bit of a silver lining)

It wasn't broken why did they have to try and fix it??? [/Rant]

lexx said:
Open source all the way. Next you will be trying Firefox, OpenOffice and maybe the Gimp. And one day maybe even linux.

I use Firefox as my primary browser, I prefer Open office but use MS Office for work and I have Ubuntu on as a dual boot but unfortunately there aren't good enough drivers for some of the printers I use.

Can't get on with Gimp though.

lexx said:
What version or ubuntu do you use? What printers have you got?

Warning this could get geeky. :geek:

Its version 10.04, and I use a Konica Bizhub c253 network printer and photocopier. I've the available drivers installed which are OK but there are features which it doesn't support the most awkward of which is scanning which I use a lot!

I had the wonderful idea of switching the office over to Linux but there are several problems; the printers, the fact that the publishing company which ownd the newspapers we advertise in requires us to use a website which will only run if I.E. (FFS!)

Don't buy a Mac. They cost to much. Buy a pc and with the money you save buy some more razors, blades, brushes and soaps.

Arrowhead
I'm not very good with the Gimp but for the price its worth a try.

Which operating system are you using.

I'm playing with LibreOffice the truly open version of OpenOffice. So far I cant tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom