Cube - Phoenix Artisan Acoutrements

Apologies if I am misreading the intentions of this post, but as a soap maker are you looking to create a pre shave soap?

I never got to use it but I read good things about it but read good things about it but it's resigned to history.

Valobra had a soap a few used for pre shave, it was called Glicerlanolina or something along those lines. I presume it was glycerine and lanolin, maybe tallow as well. I know there are a number of fans of the holy trinity here (tallow, lanolin and glycerine).

@TomG I searched here and you have this Valobra soap, what are your thoughts on it?
I might give it a shot at some stage. Do people like the fact that it's black? I can see it's a good look, but then I think of the mess it would make...

I might give it a shot at some stage. Do people like the fact that it's black? I can see it's a good look, but then I think of the mess it would make...
It doesn't leave a black residue, it lathers to a light greyish colour and doesn't seem to leave any residue, (though I tend to use it more in the shower these days, and before shaving.

Ah, the tragic transition from impressive beast to black blob. Apart from the black bit, a fate that awaits all soap bars. Indeed, apart from the black bit, it has been my fate too. Sob. Thanks for the photos LeeMaz. The residue is a problem for some, especially with a strongly coloured soap.

Back
Top Bottom