COR BLIMEY! I'M CHUFFED!

Very welcome indeed, Mark.

Arrowhead said:
Didn't Max Bygraves (the British equivalent to Eddie Cochran, ...
Ouch! - that hurts, and I ain't even a Texan!
Arrowhead said:
... Mantic) once get into a load of trouble for saying "Cor Blimey" on one of his records? Strong language at the time. Well, anyway, I wish you joy of your boxful of goodies, but watch out for that soap of Nanny's though: it'll freeze ya face off ;)

• ... but, "it'll freeze ya face off" in the nicest possible way[/list:u][/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
    • ... but, "it'll freeze ya face off" in the nicest possible way[/list:u][/list:u]

• As the tempurature is currently 28C (yes, 82F) here in Texas I think I will give this a try when I get home.

(No, its not usually this warm during December but I thought you all could use a chuckle given your current conditions.)

Glad you like it all Mark! Your videos have been a great help to me, even now nearly a year into this lark and i refer to them. And you helped me to win one of The Shaving Shack competition pucks of MWF (Yep i'm that Tony). I hope you enjoy everything in the box.
Oh, this thread title has got me thinking....i reckon you should start the video with "Cor Blimey! I'm Chuffed" too :D

Nice one AntDad, a great idea.

Pig Cat said:
AJP said:
Oh, this thread title has got me thinking....i reckon you should start the video with "Cor Blimey! I'm Chuffed" too :D

Yep, in your best Dick Van Dyke 'Merwy Pwoppins' accent too!! :D
Uh oh...it looks like the gauntlet has been thrown. Time to trawl archive.org for some "appropriate" :lol: British public-domain video!

:D Thanks Mark. You made Hando sound all sophisticated. :lol: Put it to good use.

Ahem...Erasmic cream & EJ Aloe Vera soap going by snail mail. Executive decision about postage taken on that one, products from Urban Hermit and Simmo I think, it will get there.

Oh, I feel like Stacey Solomon here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoyh39vkvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPoyh39vkvw</a><!-- m --> at 2.36 :lol: :lol:

mantic59 said:
(I hope I got that slang right :D
--Mark
Indeed you did, Mark.
And to enlighten you further (and inflate my own ego) you might be interested to know that it is a diminutive of "May God blind me"(if I do/don't ...)

Professor Prize :ugeek:
Chair of Moribund Phrases at the University of Hot Air.

Back
Top Bottom