COMPLETE - Proraso soap brand new

5914743453_27a23d67f5_z.jpg

Brand new Proraso soap in tub £6 posted within UK, paypal payment

RE: FS - Proraso soap brand new

If you think 6 quids a lot how about this
http://www.lavishchoice.co.uk/proraso-shaving-soap-with-eucalyptus-oil-and-menthol-normal-skin-150ml-5-2oz.html

press said:
If you think 6 quids a lot how about this
http://www.lavishchoice.co.uk/proraso-shaving-soap-with-eucalyptus-oil-and-menthol-normal-skin-150ml-5-2oz.html

LMFAO, whats going on there??

Still cheap though, rrp is £40. Apparently. :dodgy:

By the time I pay £1.92 postage then add on the cost of packaging I'm left with less than 4 quid so not sure why you're telling me to check elsewhere. Maybe I should give it away..

simmo3801 said:
By the time I pay £1.92 postage then add on the cost of packaging I'm left with less than 4 quid so not sure why you're telling me to check elsewhere. Maybe I should give it away..

Do you know I feel uneasy about comments made on sales threads about price. You couldn't do it elsewhere the product simply wouldnt sell.

I think I'd be a bit hacked off if comments were made on a sales thread.
Ifs it's too much it won't sell. Market forces generally dictate.
Cheers
Tim

The item is brand new, the price could well be lower as you look at it initially, but overall it is a very fair deal as :

(a) it is a lumpsum and you get it at your door with that money (seller pays fees, packaging, shipping) and this price is 20% cheaper than Connaught's (mind you we're talking about the same brand new product);
(b) you can buy from a vendor but then of course if you go down that route you may add something else as well (one or two more other products) so at the end the total expenditure off your pocket will much more;
(c) Nigel is a top bloke, I've bought stuff off him multiple times (Feather Portable in truly mint condition, Revisor 6/8 straight which came excellently packed and with a blade well oiled, Wee Scot brush, etc.)
(d) Seller can certainly PIF it or simply ask postage at cost for it, but on the other hand he does not have to. In addition, there is evidence he is always willing to bring the price down considerably, if possible (see his other item in the BST, straight razor, where he sliced the sale price twice, by 5 pounds each time).

This is the issue with sales, seller always loses value and a trade would be a better alternative - though not an obligatory one.

I appreciate your comments Konstantinos. A trade would be a better alternative but I REALLY need to thin my stash. I have a handful of soaps that I use now hence the clear out. I have hundreds of blades, 3 brushes and 7 DE razors, there is nothing I want to trade for.
Except a rather expensive bottle of Edt but a pot of proraso ain't going to bring that! Which is why I'm selling...

If I hadn't just bought some of this then I would jump on it. The price being asked for is fair - you see them on sale elsewhere for around £4.50 minimum and then you have to add on another £2 or so postage. So, £6 delivered isn't really a price to grumble about.

simmo3801 said:

Please youself. Connaught have it at £4.90 plus postage. I was trying to be helpful but obviously that was a mistake.

49er said:
Please youself. Connaught have it at £4.90 plus postage. I was trying to be helpful but obviously that was a mistake.

Connaught's total price works out at £7.42 - so the OP's price of £6 delivered seems good.

Your reply indicates that you think the OP's price is too high. But, it looks (to me at least) like you've forgotten to factor in delivery charges.

Hax said:
49er said:

Connaught's total price works out at £7.42 - so the OP's price of £6 delivered seems good.

Your reply indicates that you think the OP's price is too high. But, it looks (to me at least) like you've forgotten to factor in delivery charges.

No, I think you will find I mention "plus postage".

When you purchase something new from a retailer you have certain legal rights. My understanding (and any lawyer may feel free to correct me) is that much of that protection goes when an article is sold second hand, used or unused. This causes depreciation and the expectation that previously owned goods will be cheaper than new.

I am not sure why this reaction has been caused. My post was polite and carefully worded. If people think that Connaughts pricing supports the OPs price, then what is the problem? Having checked their website prospective purchasers will return and purchase here.

But I don't agree with much of the response here. Others, including
Boab and if memory serves HOneyMonster as well as other posters have made adverse comments about price or perceived quality of late. And unless this has turned into a purely retail operation, I would have thought they had every right to do so. Most sales threads contain a number of posts congratulating the seller on the quality of the article and the reasonableness of his price. And this is ok is it? But if you don't think so, suddenly it is not ok.

It's an open forum, anyone can say what they like. I accept what you say about legal rights when buying from a retailer. However I employ a certain gentlemanly code when buying or selling on here. I have previously refunded items that failed to arrive, I have reduced price when it has been pointed out that my initial asking price is too high. Now that there are tighter rules for selling here with paypal gifts not acceptable every buyer would have protection through paypal. I took no offense at your post.

Would you like to make me an offer for the Proraso?

Back
Top Bottom