Complaint about scent????

I always thought it was a bit of an unwritten rule not to ask for a refund unless necessary.

Guys clearly an idiot just give him his refund and block him from future purchases.

That's a shame Sharon. Hope it works out.

I'm dealing with someone who's the complete opposite of a genuine & honest seller like you at the mo and it's driving me bonkers. Bought a lovely Gillette razor at the start of March from him (he's in the US). Described as being in excellent condition, plenty of photos showing it looking lovely - until it arrived and I found the handle split open almost the full length. He claimed he hadn't examined it before putting it up for sale, which is a lie as he'd taken it out the box and arranged it for about 3 or 4 photos, so there's no way he could have missed it. He said I could return it for a full refund, so I did and then I spent weeks chasing him for it. He would just stop replying for days on end, then say he'd check his mailbox. Eventually I got the refund, but not a refund of the postage costs I incurred sending it back to him. Now I'm back in the 'email / wait a week / chase for response' cycle again, but I'm about a the end of my tether and close to leaving negative feedback for the first time ever.

I'd never have bought it had he disclosed the split in the description, so why should I be £8 out of pocket because of false advertising?

You're totally right Lagaffe; if someone wanted to return one of my items because of a genuine fault or it not being as described e.g. I sent the wrong item or something, I would fully expect to cover their costs of return, and would probably throw in a little freebie with the replacement order to compensate them for the inconvenience. It sounds like your seller is just plain dishonest. Problem is I think even if you open a dispute with PP they won't refund your postage, although others on here may know otherwise. Although I think I'ld pay more than £8 NOT to have to try to sort a problem out with PP or Ebay. :lol: Now that can seriously drive you bonkers.

I'm currently dealing with two buyers who have genuine problems, and my problem is getting them to reply. One didn't receive the item. So I offered him alternative items and have lodged a claim with RM. But then he takes a week to reply, and by then the replacement item he chooses is sold out, so then I explain the current alternatives, and no response. Ditto, a man who bought an item from my website that had in fact sold out and I hadn't updated the website; my fault entirely, offered him a choice of the available alternatives, or refund, no response. I think I'll just refund them both with a note suggesting they just reorder what is on the website if they wish.

I've had two shipments of soap (single tubs fortunately) get lost in the mail -- one was during the holidays, so that is always a possiblity, one recently, where the only thing that I can imagine happened is that someone actually nicked it from the packets depository at the initial mail agency (a subcentral post office in a larger shop). In both cases I had replacement soap available, and the second shipments fortunately did arrive...

This is the first time it's happened to me, so the service isn't too bad I suppose. I'm waiting to see if Royal Mail cough up. Buyer whose item got lost has now got back to me and agreed an alternative, so hopefully that will be with him in a few days and it'll be sorted. The buyer who didn't like the smell still hasn't gotten back to me to let me know whether he wants to return it for a full refund.

My con-man seller has now tried the "I refunded you the other week - log in and check your PayPal account" trick, to which I explained "Yes, you refunded the cost of the razor plus postage; I'm meaning the extra postage costs I incurred in sending it back again to you for the full refund, which I'd thought you'd also cover. Given that I'd never have bought the item in the first place had you disclosed the fact that the handle was split almost its whole length, I'd assumed that I wouldn't be left out-of-pocket because of your error."

He's now tried to palm me off again for a few days with this classic attempt at playing dumb:

"I'm not sure I understand what you are asking?"

I explained again before 7am yesterday. I'm still waiting for a response. If it's his usual pattern, I'll have to chase him again for an answer in a few days. I'm giving him until tomorrow night and if I've heard nothing, leaving him negative feedback (and revealing his eBay name so you all know who to avoid). Then I'll write it all off as a bad experience.

Back
Top Bottom