cold water shaving

Blinking flip!
You go on holiday for a few days, come back and have a goosey at your favourite shaving site. What's changed? F&*K all! Dummies coming out of prams over a difference of opinion and some geezer wishing to shave his bollocks in cold water.... Or something like that.
Aaaah! good to be back boys, good to be back :D

Nice to be back Andy.
Paris. Most beautiful city in the world? Maybe. Most expensive?

Breakfast for 2. half a small baguettes each, butter, 2 orange juices, 2 coffees....25 Euro's :shock: :shock: :shock:

Monsavon soap was only 1.50 'though. Wasn't sure if I would like it. I do, only brought 2 back :(

Regarding lather, what a difference the hardness of water makes, we're spoiled up here.

Well, cold water/warm water, I suspect that it doesn't make a difference to the blade, but might to your face.

Either way, I'm not doing it.

Ian

Up until now I have always rinsed the razor in cold water, being under the impression that hot water causes the blade to expand and therefore loose some of it's edge - it would seem that this is now - or rather has been all along - bollocks.
Pity really - I always felt rather smug and fastidious about this, and thought that bristles were like the Queen's enemies - they could not stand against cold steel
Of course there is no reason I should not continue, but now I find I am rather looking forward to a warm blade later.

I have no opinion on all the above, except that I'm not about to try shaving with cold water. What I do have, however, is an inkling of where this "cold water makes the blade contract" stuff comes from: Robert de Niro as Al Capone in The Untouchables. 100% confident about that one.

The biggest danger with rinsing a straight razor is catching the blade on the tap, which is why I took a leaf out of Chimensch's book and wipe mine on a sponge.

Arrowhead said:
What I do have, however, is an inkling of where this "cold water makes the blade contract" stuff comes from: Robert de Niro as Al Capone in The Untouchables. 100% confident about that one.

I remember the scene, Al gets nicked halfway through a shave after being told a shipment has been confiscated I think. Gives the barber a "look" but I don't remember the dialogue.

RB73 said:
cheese_dave said:
I'm waiting for PigCat to register as a new user called 'Mr Charlie Big Potato'. That's about his style, isn't it?

:lol: :lol: was thinking along the same lines :lol: :lol:

With PigCat's big ugly mug he could be Mr Potato Head.

Bet his wife looks like Barbie though. Or did she commit Barbie-cide?

Rev-O said:
RB73 said:
cheese_dave said:
I'm waiting for PigCat to register as a new user called 'Mr Charlie Big Potato'. That's about his style, isn't it?

:lol: :lol: was thinking along the same lines :lol: :lol:

With PigCat's big ugly mug he could be Mr Potato Head.

Bet his wife looks like Barbie though. Or did she commit Barbie-cide?

What a terrible thing to say about PigCat , I've heard he's quite handsome,intelligent,generous,witty and debonair .Apparently though he's no longer hung like a horse . Anyway no doubt he'll be along to defend himself
soon.

If only...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lPq4L0KhWM&feature=related[/youtube]

or

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPvlQbm-Zyg[/youtube]

Coo-ee

New improved PigCat here.

What's all this?

Rev-O dissing me and flirting with my foxy dentist?

Wants to "go private" with her?

And calling me "Mr Potato Head" eh? Eh? EH?

Right, he'll need some dental work once I've seen him.

I'm going to saddle up my old Suffolk Punch and ride out to get him. At max speed of three villages per day I should be there by hmm. . . Solstice.

Grrr. Mutter. Grumble. Mumble.

(PC rides off in a cloud of midges and expletives.)

Uh oh!

PigCat's after me!

Sworn to avenge his wife's honour.

(Well she offered her honour, I honoured her offer and all night long I was on her and off her.)

Put it this way: *that's* what I call root canal work and a good filling.

Help help. Etc.

(Rev-O hides amid robes in the Vestry)

Mr Charlie BigPotato said:
Apparently though he's no longer hung like a horse. Anyway no doubt he'll be along to defend himself soon.

Yes, I am here! And for your information I am still hung like a horse. I didn't have my c*ck cut off, just my balls!!

seahorse.jpg

Back
Top Bottom