Closed Cobra Classic Pass Around - COMPLETE

It handles almost like an injector razor with a wider head and I do like my injector (and other SE) razors. I reckon that only 10% of my shaves are DE these days.. I sold all my Feather Pro blades when I sold my Feather AC/SS.. what was I thinking? I need to try them in a Schick injector again...
That's what I am Lookin Forward to Comparing the Cobra to Andreas..I use the Feather Pro in Very Aggressive Injectors like the Type E 1 & Type E 2 that Opens & my Pal Adjustable before I Sold it..:)

Be an Interesting Comparison..Those Pro Blades a are Nice with a Feather Like Touch..:D

Billy

An accusation I'm getting used to... :D:D
Here's another one: The best DE razor I know is the bakelite Merkur 45. No stainless steel hype for me. :p
I could firmly believe that after buying a fatip grande. The two stainless options I mentioned, provide a closer shave for me than any SE I have tried, that being 3. Wanted to see if you had experienced either and could relate these to your SE experience.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's what I am Lookin Forward to Comparing the Cobra to Andreas..I use the Feather Pro in Very Aggressive Injectors like the Type E 1 & Type E 2 that Opens & my Pal Adjustable before I Sold it..:)

Be an Interesting Comparison..Those Pro Blades a are Nice with a Feather Like Touch..:D

Billy
I think I'm more in tune with this set up. Closer to a straight razor in feel Billy?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

... the Cobra to me is like having a mid life crisis and buying a Porsche. Tool looks good but it's not good for you. Or at least for me.
The Cobra's handle reminds me more of the doors on a Mercedes 300SL
mercedes_300_sl_gullwing.jpg

Cobra Classic - Shave #3

Calani Oriental Plum soap
Semogue 620 boar brush
MÜHLE 33K257 synthetic brush
Cobra Classic
Feather Professional blade (3)
Alum block
Indian Old Spice Fresh Lime ASL

After finishing the Stirling Glacial sample yesterday I decided to finish off my Calani Oriental Plum sample as well. I felt adventurous and decided to give the Semogue 620 boar brush another go. The result was predictable… it's a rubbish brush. Not once have I managed to produce decent lather with the Semogue. Ever. Not even with an easy to lather soap. The MÜHLE synthetic on the other hand exploded an amazing amount of great lather.
What about the Cobra Classic then?
Another fantastic shave. The blade is still as sharp and smooth as it was on day one. The combination is a real pleasure. Using a top notch soap like the Calani made the shave even more enjoyable. Perfect smoothness achieved without incidents. Alum and ASL give no sting. It's amazing how sharp the blade feels and how easily and thoroughly it removes stubble while giving zero irritation. I'm still very impressed.
I like the profile of the Cobra's head. It's very manoeuvrable. You could shave the inside of your nose with it. Very injector like. Did I mention that the razor is pretty? I did.
The Calani Oriental Plum is now gone. Pity. I like the scent. Luckily I have three proper non-sample Calani soaps.
I'll have another shave or two with the Cobra to see if the blade deteriorates and then reluctantly pass it on to @rowlers. (Let me know if your address has changed, Lee)

Cobra Classic - Shave #4

I'll keep it short today. I used De Vegulde Hand today. What a fantastic soap it is. Slick, cushioning, protecting. Pleasant, classic scent. To improve value for money they'd have to give it away.
The Feather Professional blade on its fourth outing still felt sharp and smooth. Nothing more to say about the Cobra Classic itself. It's great.
The Alum block stung a little bit more than yesterday, so maybe the blade is not as good as it was. I think I'll have one more shave with the Cobra and then I'll let it go with a tear in my eyes.
TBC..

Cobra Classic - Final shave #5

Shave number five with the Cobra Classic and the same Feather Professional blade.
I think this is as far as I want to push this blade. The Alum block and aftershave gave me even more sting than yesterday. The shave itself was not too bad. The blade was still sharp, but ATG it was not as smooth as it was in the beginning. If this was one of my regular razors I'd probably change blades after three shaves.
As for the Cobra Classic - I like it. A lot.
Pros:
  • It looks great
  • Good grip
  • Well balanced
  • Nice finish
  • Easy blade loading, once you know how
  • Great blades
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Great smooth shaves
Cons:
  • Price
  • Availability
To sum it up: this is a very impressive razor. I need to get some Feather Professional blades for my Schick injectors now to compare. To be honest, I can get similar shaves from my injectors with the right blade, so I'd hesitate to buy a Cobra Classic. Then again, I'd be more than happy to own one and if I did, it would be used a lot. As it stands, I'm sad to pass it on, but not heart broken.
The razor has been cleaned, disinfected and boxed up and I'll post it to @rowlers tomorrow.
Thanks, Martin. What a spectacular pass around. Again.

Cobra Classic - Final shave #5

Shave number five with the Cobra Classic and the same Feather Professional blade.
I think this is as far as I want to push this blade. The Alum block and aftershave gave me even more sting than yesterday. The shave itself was not too bad. The blade was still sharp, but ATG it was not as smooth as it was in the beginning. If this was one of my regular razors I'd probably change blades after three shaves.
As for the Cobra Classic - I like it. A lot.
Pros:
  • It looks great
  • Good grip
  • Well balanced
  • Nice finish
  • Easy blade loading, once you know how
  • Great blades
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Great smooth shaves
Cons:
  • Price
  • Availability
To sum it up: this is a very impressive razor. I need to get some Feather Professional blades for my Schick injectors now to compare. To be honest, I can get similar shaves from my injectors with the right blade, so I'd hesitate to buy a Cobra Classic. Then again, I'd be more than happy to own one and if I did, it would be used a lot. As it stands, I'm sad to pass it on, but not heart broken.
The razor has been cleaned, disinfected and boxed up and I'll post it to @rowlers tomorrow.
Thanks, Martin. What a spectacular pass around. Again.
Great Reports..That's what I get out of a Feather Pro in my Injectors..If I pushed it to 5 Shaves it would be Ok but Probably about 4 Great Shaves..:)

Billy

Back
Top Bottom