Coates Limited Edition

I got given a tub of this to try from a supplier. At first I ignored it... another TOBS clone I thought and I didn't particularly enjoy the scent. However, after watching Mantic's video review of it and seeing how excited he was I thought it was worth giving a try. I was very suprised by how good this cream is. The lather is fantastic, smooth, very easy to produce and extremely slick. I'm still not nuts about the scent but the performance is right up there for me. I have no problem with burning or anything like that so it does sound to me like some people are reacting to one of the oils being used. I would say it was well worth trying if you are considering it.

I get this tingling feeling as well. I have been using the cream quite regularly mon-fri since dec, my face is now red blotches. I wonder if it was caused by the shave cream. No, in all honesty, I get the tingling feeling but NO adverse effects. Infact I tend to ignore that feeling now, helps wake me up perhaps. I put the tingling down to this:-

This high quality shaving cream will ensure a smooth shave, as the natural essential oil will help calm the newly shaved skin and is also the ideal solution to reduce any post-shave redness. Tea Tree oil is capable of penetrating the lower layers of the skin with its anti-inflammatory and wound-healing qualities, to encourage the formation of new tissue, following the shave.

sunburyboy93 said:
I would say it's the Rosemary Essential Oil that's in it that is causing that, The Tea Tree shouldn't upset your skin, i found when i was experimenting with a Rosemary & Tea Tree Soap that anything above a Tiny amount of Rosemary casued a tingle on the skin when lathering

Hi All,

Quite a few people are posting on shaving forums complaining of an adverse reaction when using our Limited Edition Tea Tree & Rosemary shaving cream. We have been assured that this is a reaction to the essential oils used within this product.

For every negative posting there appears to be many more very happy customers as worldwide sales are increasing with both repeat sales and new customers. Although it may not be for everyone it has found it's place in the marketplace and in future will be marketed as being more suitable for oily skins and not for you sensitive types!

As for : "P'raps they are aware, and that's why they've not released the full range of flavours they'd promised."

Product development is painfully slow and we are self funding the whole project. Each new product will cost approximately £20,000 to bring to the marketplace and has to be extensively tested before launch. That said we have another one due later this month with another five in the pipeline for later this year.

None of these will be the originals, the manufacturer cannot get the formulae right yet....

Regards, Robert

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.coates1847.com">http://www.coates1847.com</a><!-- m -->

I've not used this yet, but I had much the same response to a tub of TOBS lemon & lime (hence why I PIFed it). I don't see the need to censure the manufacturers, though - almost every cream and soap probably causes irritation for someone.

Back
Top Bottom