Coates Limited Edition

Started using Coates Cream today and well...I found that during the shave I started to get a burning sensation on the face. It's settled down now,just a bit red and my mush feels okay.

Has anybody else had this?
If this is normal, then please forgive an ignorant newbie :mrgreen:

If my face falls off like that bloke in Poltergeist, :shock: I'll let you know.

Thanks.

I'm quite lucky I've never had that, I've only gone as far as the stage before where it's just a tingle. Perhaps it's just not for you?

I got on well with the Coates & rated it highly, however there was at least one other member who posted that they also didn't really get on with it. If you're skin is reacting as fast at that I'd discontinue that particular cream as soon as poss were I you. Plenty of other nice creams & soaps you can enjoy & no point in possibly sensitising the skin to an ingredient.

JohnnyO. :shave

Tardisbasher said:
Started using Coates Cream today and well...I found that during the shave I started to get a burning sensation on the face. It's settled down now,just a bit red and my mush feels okay.

If this is normal, then please forgive an ignorant newbie :mrgreen:

If my face falls off like that bloke in Poltergeist, :shock: I'll let you know.

Thanks.

I would say it's the Rosemary Essential Oil that's in it that is causing that, The Tea Tree shouldn't upset your skin, i found when i was experimenting with a Rosemary & Tea Tree Soap that anything above a Tiny amount of Rosemary casued a tingle on the skin when lathering, that's why i have put that on hold as i don't want to risk reactions with the chaps skin.

Fully agree with Johnny, no need for anyone putting up with this when getting such results. In addition, I've also heard about this issue before.

Myself I got the cream few weeks back from another member here, and have used it for test lathers so far. From the smell and texture of generated lather (palm lathering) it initially feels as if it has something caustic in it, don't know why. Of course this is not the case as I am sure many wet shavers use it safely daily, but I don't know (guess I should actually try it out one day instead of letting the placebo effect and my lack of knowledge on soap ingredients lead me into preliminary conclusions).

Tardisbasher said:

Yes.

I had 2 pots of it. It lathered beautifully and I like the scent, but I had to get shut of them because of the tingling/burning.

Ian

JohnnyO said:
I got on well with the Coates & rated it highly, however there was at least one other member who posted that they also didn't really get on with it. If you're skin is reacting as fast at that I'd discontinue that particular cream as soon as poss were I you. Plenty of other nice creams & soaps you can enjoy & no point in possibly sensitising the skin to an ingredient.

Exactly! Well, I think there's enough evidence there to stop me using it. :( Thanks for the posts gents. Huge help.

Keep your eyes on the B/S/T section!

Tardisbasher said:
JohnnyO said:

Exactly! Well, I think there's enough evidence there to stop me using it. :( Thanks for the posts gents. Huge help.

Keep your eyes on the B/S/T section!

It's been 35mins now and i still can't see it.

As for almonds, keep eating them. Apparently they are very good for you. :lol:

I had a pot - didn't get as far as lathering it though - didn't get along with the scent.

Surprised there's not more fuss being made about these issues.

I'd have though just two people having a reaction would be enough to raise this as a concern with the firm.

P'raps they are aware, and that's why they've not released the full range of flavours they'd promised.

Anyway, isn't one of the TSR posters something to do with Coates / The Gentlemen's Shop?

joe mcclaine said:
I had a pot - didn't get as far as lathering it though - didn't get along with the scent.

Surprised there's not more fuss being made about these issues.

I'd have though just two people having a reaction would be enough to raise this as a concern with the firm.

P'raps they are aware, and that's why they've not released the full range of flavours they'd promised.

Anyway, isn't one of the TSR posters something to do with Coates / The Gentlemen's Shop?

There has been some discussion on other forums as well.

I never got any redness from it, but it tingled in a non-healthy way.

Ian

FrenchBlade said:
Before I check out the PIF, what does it smell like? Don't tell me "almond", I hate almond smell. (I like eating them though!)

Max
It smells clean and I can just about make out a feint herby/rosemary undertone. Lovely scent, amazing lather...just don't eat it.

Tardisbasher said:
It smells clean and I can just about make out a feint herby/rosemary undertone. Lovely scent, amazing lather... just don't eat it.

She might be of a different opinion:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354417/Tempestt-Henderson-19-consumes-bars-soap-week.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -week.html</a><!-- m -->

Max

FrenchBlade said:
Tardisbasher said:
It smells clean and I can just about make out a feint herby/rosemary undertone. Lovely scent, amazing lather... just don't eat it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354417/Tempestt-Henderson-19-consumes-bars-soap-week.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -week.html</a><!-- m -->

Max

She obviously a tallow only girl.

Ian

IanM said:
FrenchBlade said:
Tardisbasher said:

Max

She obviously a tallow only girl.

Ian
:lol: I wonder how much cash you could make hanging around colleges with a tub of Trumpers violet and some plastic spoons...

Back
Top Bottom